cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier and Credit One payment system just awful!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier and Credit One payment system just awful!!!!!!

First of all I knew going in these are bad cards, but did not know it can take up to 20 DAYS for your payment from checking account online to post for First Premier and about a week for Credit One (also Credit One has no grace period and charges interst at time of purchase) Now that's just plain crazy, I won't be using these cards in the future and as soon as I get my credit score high enough for a Discover card they are gone!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier and Credit One payment system just awful!!!!!!

Are you pushing payments from your online bank account or are you having them pulled via the FP/CO website?  If you're not pushing them from your bank account...try that, should yield better results.  Back when I had FP I pushed payments from my BOA account and never had an issue with payments posting.  

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are two lenders I'm defintely against using their bill pay feature. Like Loquat mentioned, push the payment to them, it's faster much faster posting...usually within 48 hours during the week.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Are you pushing payments from your online bank account or are you having them pulled via the FP/CO website?  If you're not pushing them from your bank account...try that, should yield better results.  Back when I had FP I pushed payments from my BOA account and never had an issue with payments posting.  

I'm not sure what you mean by that? I just added my routing number and acc number to their web sites payment systems.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by that? I just added my routing number and acc number to their web sites payment systems.

Pushing the payment means doing it from your own banks bill pay feature.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tamaralig wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Pushing the payment means doing it from your own banks bill pay feature.

Oh... thank you Smiley Happy I tell I love this forum you learn so much.

Message 6 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

That's pulling payments.  Means having the credit pull them from your bank account.  If you have access to a Bill Pay feature with your banking institution, trying using that.  Add FP & CO to your bill payment center.  If they don't auto populate with your bill payment center then you'll usually need your full account number and maybe the address of where you send your payments.  From there you can have payments pushed from your checking account to your creditors.  Doing this usually eliminates most of the lag with payments posting.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though you will not be using them, be sure to check your monthly statement. Sometimes they have monthly fees. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to prequailf for Capitol one ...I had both of them to and moved to Capitol one platinum then upgraded to quick silver then on to Amex , pen fed and so on ...they good starters but the monthly fees suck and the customer service sucks get rid of them ASAP
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FP gave me a second larger account. Great right? Then my Bank changed the check digits and i just added the payment info but when i paid i forgot about it. Called explained they didnt care 37 late fee and i made pmt again not realizing that I didnt check and did the SAME thing again. There was 2000 in the acct for a 40 pmt. never had any issue with any account. Went to pay again, locked out of account and locked out of new acct as well, again NEVER added that account to new card. That acct was blocked online, 37 late fee which put him 11 over limit... Over limit 25 fee....
They cxld both accounts. Did I mention I called and explained and the lady offered if i made an additional 115 payment on top of the one that was going to clear that it would clear the issue and unlock accounts so we can access on line again. So i did 150! Next month account still locked so on payment date it posted at 415 my time which she said was late in their time, 37 late fee and accounts still locked and closed!!!! So i owe like 200 on the new card we never got to use because of late fee and inability to make online payments.
Ive been unable to find where it says payment must be posted by 6pm their time????
Credit one, the same issue with check digit occurred and only one payment had an issue but the next month because i couldn't edit pmt info i couldn't change it and when u make pmt online, auto pay info is on file so they auto deducted the pmt that was due sat, on fri and it didnt clear because the savings acct is first ont that comes up and that was wrong one. But i caught it so i went to make another pmt on account and it wont allow you to make another payment until 48 hours after first pmt. sooo they chgd a late fee and locked account!
The ONLY way to pay them is by mail
Yep, in this day and age mail only! And i dudnt know this woukd happen SO the payment is traveling to them, late fee!!!!
Had it with both now the check digit is no ones fault, but all the editing features dont work and you cant make another payment on same day...why???.
now.....
CAPITOL ONE IS the best! Absolutely!!!!
I called explained and they gave me fee back and took pmt over phone no charge
Have had account three years have had a few problems with bad charges and so on, they jumped right on it, they are just VERY customer service oriented!
I highly recommend you go to them.
Both my kids have their cards with them and thats the only visa card they need!

I read how FP finds ways to charge extra fees but in 3 years, never had a problem. Just when this number changed on the dnd of the account and over 210 in fees at FP and 175 at CO
No more, i can assure you that the negative items people speak of are true.
Instead of deleting all banking accounts off my cards and allowing me to reenter they just told me I had to do it online...but im locked out if online service so thanks for nothing
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.