Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier and Orchard CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier and Orchard CCs

My decline with AMEX stated that I had accounts that were associated with high risk consumers.  IE my FP and orchard cards.  Will I still have this same issue post closing these accounts because they will be reported for 10 years?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier and Orchard CCs

Maybe.  Was that comment the top of the reason list?

Generally speaking, no lender will ever deny you for having rebuilder cards as long as you fall above a certain threshold; however, if you're marginal or below that, then YMMV.  Also, sometimes lenders will use Oujia boards for pulling their denial reasons together, and also it may not apply to those cards at all anyway.

Can't be more informative than that unfortunately without the full reasons for the denial, and a more complete posting of your current credit profile.

Edit: I no smert.  Removed duplicate phraseology.

        
Message 2 of 11
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I have an Orchard card and I have had no problem getting cards from AMEX.    So that's not a problem.

Message 3 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

I have an Orchard card and I have had no problem getting cards from AMEX.    So that's not a problem.

Me too i have Orchard bank and got an AMEX. HSBC is a big bank all over the world!!
Message 4 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I doubt the Orchard card caused you any problems.  It reports as HSBC which has all sorts of cards.  My guess the FP is the problem solely.  Once you close it, AMEX won't have a problem with it.  But your best bet is to call for reconsideration sooner than later.  I had friend who got card after recon when they listed that very same reason.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was declined for a Amex Zync last week and that was one of the reasons listed on my letter. I only have Orchard Bank and Amazon account, so the Orchard Bank seems to be an factor.

Message 6 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

wow.  first I have heard about that.  Wonder if AMEX is now looking at HSBC and low limits.  Did you call for recon disneyluva?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was declined for a Amex Zync last week and that was one of the reasons listed on my letter. I only have Orchard Bank and Amazon account, so the Orchard Bank seems to be an factor.

Out of semi-curiosity / semi-on-topic, how does the Amazon account report?  That may or may not be an issue directly, though I agree with others that an underwriting decision could take in both the name on the tradeline (HSBC/NV in Orchard's case) and the limit involved (probably under $500) and make the assumption it was an Orchard sub-prime account.

        
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of semi-curiosity / semi-on-topic, how does the Amazon account report?  That may or may not be an issue directly, though I agree with others that an underwriting decision could take in both the name on the tradeline (HSBC/NV in Orchard's case) and the limit involved (probably under $500) and make the assumption it was an Orchard sub-prime account.

They report as a GECRB/Amazon

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I didn't recon. As you can see, I'm a newbie. I'm just not bold enough yet. I don't take rejection well.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.