cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier has left the (re)building!

tag
Solution42
New Contributor

First Premier has left the (re)building!

I have had my First Premier card for 12 months and in my heart I knew it was time to let it go. I am very happy to be moving on to bigger and better cards! I have never closed a credit card before!

EQ657
TU667
EX652
HomeDepot       Venture VS      Quicksilver WMC Quicksilver WMC Walmart         Discover IT     Victorias SecretKohls
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier has left the (re)building!

Well done! There's nothing better than saying good-bye to those subprime lenders once they no longer can help you. These usurious lenders prey on the people who are in the most perilous of financial/credit-rebuilding situations, so it's really inspirational to see someone turn the tables on them and use them to one's own advantage!

P.S. Love the title of this thread!

Message 2 of 10
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  The builder cards have a purpose, but it feels great to move to the next step.

Message 3 of 10
MacMan313
Contributor

Good job!!!

Ive been avoiding them (and fingerhut) at all costs as I am rebuilding credit aswell. I rather go the secured route!

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 4 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and great job of getting rid of them!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adb1 wrote:

I have had my First Premier card for 12 months and in my heart I knew it was time to let it go. I am very happy to be moving on to bigger and better cards! I have never closed a credit card before!

This should go in approvals because I approve of closing FP! Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  i had so much frustration with them until I found this place and learned about secured CC's at banks.  #BOOM  As I started to see some gains in my journey I had a "Congrats, you are pre-approved..." letters from them come in the mail, instant shredder.

Message 7 of 10
CreditRookie22
Contributor

I'm so happy for you. As soon as I close on my house this summer I'm cutting them off!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feels good doesnt it? Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adb1 wrote:

Congrats! I, too, closed my FP card after FOUR YEARS of rebuilding. There is nothing better than kicking them to the curb! Congrats again! And agreed with one of the posts above: Great thread title! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.