Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier is Cuckoo!

tag
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

First Premier is Cuckoo!

After some cleaning up of my reports in January, asking my baddies for accuracy, First Premier still reported as owning that debt. There was no CA handling it on any CRA.

So, I called First Premier back in May about doing a PFD with them for a trivial balance.

They told me that they actually have a CA that they sold it to and I should contact them. Okay. After almost seven years one would think at least a dunning notice. No. Nothing.

I called the CRA and they told me that for a PFD I would have to call First Premier for approval. Great, a run around about paying you??

I decided to wait it out and at the beginning of August disputed it as being past the statutes. I started with EX and next thing I knew it was removed off all three CRAs! Yay!

A week later get a polite letter telling me basically that according to their records the statutes will laspse 7 years on 10/07/2014. I thought, oh well... removed anyway. It was a little confusing.

TODAY! I get a letter.  YOU ARE PRE-APPROVED for a First Premier MC for $700!   I just giggled.

Then I read the interest rate on it and broke out in hysterical laughter! 36%!!! Jeebus! Might as be 50%.

Glad I don't need them anymore to help me rebuild again. And even if I did, I would never get one of their cards again. Way better options out there to help you than this company.

Just thought I'd share. Smiley Happy

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.