Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier offer.......

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

First Premier offer.......

Checked my mail and got a First Premier credit card pre qual offer. The offer is a $700 SL with an annual fee and monthly fee. I couple of years ago I would have jumped on it but since being a member here I have learned so much and built a better profile so this goes in file 11!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier offer.......

Funny they sent me one to the other day and just for fun I had to read it. If it was the same offer it should be illegal here is what I remember.

36% APR

75 AF

96.00 Service Fee for the first year (Paid at 8.00 a month) then 144.00 (paid at 12.00 a month) 

I was like Smiley Surprised have they not seen my CR!! I know it's not the best ,but why would I even consider this lol. This really should be predatory lending level.

Message 2 of 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Hey, that's better than the 79.9% APR cards they were offering a few years ago!

Although when you factor in those ridiculous fees, I'm sure the APR is really up to around 70 or 80% anyway...

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny they sent me one to the other day and just for fun I had to read it. If it was the same offer it should be illegal here is what I remember.

36% APR

75 AF

96.00 Service Fee for the first year (Paid at 8.00 a month) then 144.00 (paid at 12.00 a month) 

I was like Smiley Surprised have they not seen my CR!! I know it's not the best ,but why would I even consider this lol. This really should be predatory lending level.

LOl I got the same offer and was thinking the same thing! 

Message 4 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

Hey, that's better than the 79.9% APR cards they were offering a few years ago!

Although when you factor in those ridiculous fees, I'm sure the APR is really up to around 70 or 80% anyway...

Ain't that the truth!! I figured if I wanted to get robbed on the highway I would go to a bigger town and get mugged on the street where they only take what's in your pocket and not your future income.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.