Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier offered me a 2nd card!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier offered me a 2nd card!!

First Premier offered me a second card! I took it only to get my revolving credit up so it can make my utilization go down overall! Fingerhut also gave me a 400 increase all due to paying everything on time. My utilization will be around 3% now.  

eq 585

tu 613

ex 610.

I now have 3 credit cards and ffingerhut. My scores should sky rock this month right ?

6 REPLIES 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier offered me a 2nd card!!

As long as you keep your utilization low, it should definitely help
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you been with First premier?? Can i ask the limits on the two cards?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sureSmiley Happy  I've been with them for 13 months

First card 500

Second card 700

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I've only been with them 5 months so maybe if I keep them after 12 months I'll be lucky.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First Premier offered me a second card! I took it only to get my revolving credit up so it can make my utilization go down overall! Fingerhut also gave me a 400 increase all due to paying everything on time. My utilization will be around 3% now.  

eq 585

tu 613

ex 610.

I now have 3 credit cards and ffingerhut. My scores should sky rock this month right ?

Do they charge fees to have their card? If so probably better to get a department store card as your second card. 

Message 6 of 7
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats! It's always nice to be recognized and rewarded for all your hard work. Maybe once your CSs increase a little, you'll go grab a Discover CC. From what I hear, they're secured CCs grows to unsecured with only 6mths of on time payments. That's if you don't qualify for the unsecured CC (or already have it). IIRC, if you apply for the unsecured and don't qualify, I think they counter with the secured. Okay, enough unsoliticed advice! Smiley Very Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.