Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier reopened my account!

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

First Premier reopened my account!

I sent a PFD out to First Premier, and they responded with an offer to reopen my account once it is PIF, and to update the account as a clean history.  I know First Premier is a huge fee hungry mistake most of the time, but this can really help me.  Its unsecured, I will have the whole history back and it will be clean, and I can do a second card for my husband as an AU.

I am so happy!!!

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier reopened my account!

My First Premier account has been charged off due to me losing my job.  I am back to work now and I called redline recovery services that's the collection agency to make  payment arrangements on the account because this account is counting towards my util.   Redline accepted my settlement offer and the account will be paid early next week.  Anyway I called First Premier to ask them is it anyway I can reopen my card after I pay it and they told me they don't do that.  I read on the cardholder agreement that they do reopen accounts.  I'm reading your post and now I'm thinking I should call them back and try again.

My question to you is was your account ever charged-off?  And did you deal with the collection agency for payment or directly with First Premier?

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all about money for them...Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 14
newstart2010
Blogger

I dealt directly with them.  There was never a CA assigned to our account.

As for it being all about the money, of course it is!  they are a business.  They are not in business to do charity work.  And they offer a product people are willing to pay out the nose for so that they can get a boost to their credit.  In our situation, I am willing to pay.  Cause I need it.  I see it as a fee to increase my credit rating right now.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 4 of 14
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok, so can you send me (PM) a copy of the letter you sent them. Did you email, fax or mail certified? I have an account that I need to have brought back to life to get back on track.

Thanks

Nik

Message Edited by NikJ4 on 02-25-2010 03:13 PM
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember you are here to shareand help others with your experience- not to brag!!!  But congratualtions on your card reopen.
Message 6 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Remember you are here to shareand help others with your experience- not to brag!!!  But congratualtions on your card reopen.

I see the post as nothing but information. I don't see any bragging. I know many people are down one cc's like 1st Premier, continental finace, and others......but they do have their place. When you are at the bottom of the barrel as far as credit, you will do anything to pull yourself up. High fees? Yep, but you have to get started somewhere.

Message 7 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

newstart2010 wrote:

I sent a PFD out to First Premier, and they responded with an offer to reopen my account once it is PIF, and to update the account as a clean history.  I know First Premier is a huge fee hungry mistake most of the time, but this can really help me.  Its unsecured, I will have the whole history back and it will be clean, and I can do a second card for my husband as an AU.

I am so happy!!!

They're re-opening the account, keeping the history, AND dropping the negatives?? Seriously, First Premie???

OK, that's amazing, and good to know. I might have to choke out some kind words about them after all. Smiley Very Happy Good info for others with them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

newstart2010 wrote:

I am so happy!!!

Holy Smokes! That's awesome!
Message 9 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

They're re-opening the account, keeping the history, AND dropping the negatives?? Seriously, First Premie???

OK, that's amazing, and good to know. I might have to choke out some kind words about them after all. Smiley Very Happy Good info for others with them.

I see that the new credit card law really hurt First Premier. Apparently, they lost entire business models with the new law. The article even said that they are now training their CSR people to do collections and that they are going to seek outside collection business. First Premier as a collection agency...

Who knows, maybe they've learned the business reality about treating your customers better.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.