Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier sent me a check!

tag
thelastoneonearth
Contributor

First Premier sent me a check!

I closed my account about a week or so ago, and wasn't really paying attention to the lady who said closing my account was a bad idea. So when I checked the mail yesterday, I saw a check for $49. I called customer service, and it's because they billed me for the annual fee. Since I PIF and it wasnt the whole year yet, they wanted to refund me. The person said I'd qualify for a card much higher than the card I had. I just hung up lol.

Capital One Secured Platinum $750.00, Amazon Store Card $500.00, AEO Visa $4000.00, PlayStation Credit Card $500.00, My BestBuy Platinum MasterCard $1000.00 Amazon Chase $500.00 Discover IT $1500. Chase Disney Premier Visa $5000. Barclays Carnival Cruise MasterCard $500 Bank of America Norwegian Visa Signature $1500 "Apple Card" $1700 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000

My future card list:
Amex BCE
Citi Hilton Honors
AAOA 1.2years
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier sent me a check!

Cash it and forget it
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes First Premier bank is a ripoff. If you have to get a card, go with a secured card. I know so many people who have gotten burned by them...including me.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed my account with them earlier in the month too. No check in the mail yet, my AF was paid in March.
Message 4 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I also received a check from them not too long ago. Not only did I receive the AF back, but because I was with them for over two years I had the privlidge of paying the monthly fee, so I had one of those refunded back to me as well. Cash it and forget it!

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 10
1_2
Contributor

I closed my account with them several months ago. They were very nice about it. They asked why I was closing. I told them I had simply outgrown them but appreciated them for giving me a chance. About a month later I received a check for 90.00 something dollars. I cant remember the exact amount but my experience with them was great. I cant say the same about  Credit One. I had a very difficult time closing that account.. I had to send them a certified letter threatening legal action and had a very heated phone call. Only then did they close my account. It was a royal pain dealing with Credit One. My advice, stay away from them if you can get any other card. Thats just my two cents.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 6 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

I closed my account with them several months ago. They were very nice about it. They asked why I was closing. I told them I had simply outgrown them but appreciated them for giving me a chance. About a month later I received a check for 90.00 something dollars. I cant remember the exact amount but my experience with them was great. I cant say the same about  Credit One. I had a very difficult time closing that account.. I had to send them a certified letter threatening legal action and had a very heated phone call. Only then did they close my account. It was a royal pain dealing with Credit One. My advice, stay away from them if you can get any other card. Thats just my two cents.

Yuck. I plan on closing them after I receive some CLI's and new cards around spring time next year. I hate to hear that, and have to know what I'm looking forward to. I will agree that FP was very nice about me closing my account with them.

Personal:

Business:

Message 7 of 10
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cash it and forget it

+1

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 8 of 10
1_2
Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Yuck. I plan on closing them after I receive some CLI's and new cards around spring time next year. I hate to hear that, and have to know what I'm looking forward to. I will agree that FP was very nice about me closing my account with them.

Maybe you wont have any problems with them. I have read where others breezed right through it. I've also read similiar stories to mine. I will keep my fingers crossed for smooth sailing for you.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 9 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Maybe you wont have any problems with them. I have read where others breezed right through it. I've also read similiar stories to mine. I will keep my fingers crossed for smooth sailing for you.

Thank you very much! It's still a few months away but I'll do my best to remember to post here to follow up with you!

Personal:

Business:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.