cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

So first premier sent me invite for second cc and I accepted.  I cannot find where they pulled my CR.

Do you think they pulled my credit report or just went off my payment history on my first card which was perfect.

I am asking because I JUST got my ch 7 bk discharged in May and I am thinking if the new account just appears I wont get dinged for the inquiry if they did not pull CR

What are your thoughts 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
hampstenj
Established Member

Re: First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

a 2nd First Premier card???? Interesting, since I was under the impression that you could not have more than one card from the First Premier family...
Message 2 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You can have a second FP card if you really want one.

They may have issued the new card based on the soft pulls they have already done.

Message 3 of 15
Artdogg
Established Member

Hey everyone!

For the last week I have been getting automatic messages when I check my balance on the phone about a second card... Instead of having a $300 limit, It starts off at a $400 limit. APR of 36.9% Annual fees and monthy fees galore.  I asked them what they do before I applied, they told me they do a soft pull off odf TransUnion and the majority of the decision was the excellent payment history. I said, "What the heck." I will try it. I was approved. The sad part, my credit to debt ratio was almost at 100% and I was still approved. I also asked if I could put a request in for a credit increase on my first card.  I should have my second card within ten days.  Here is some more information on the second card.  Hope this helps.

-Art

Cards: Capital One - Cash $500 Capital One - Secured $200 Orchard Bank: $300 First Premier Bank $300 First Premier - Platinum $400 Fingerhut: $650 Emblem: $832 US Bank (Secured): $500 Milestone MasterCard: $300 Best Buy RewardZone: $300 Wal-Mart: $400 Amazon: $400 PSECU (Secured): $500

Starting Score: EQ:510 09/01/12 PSECU
Current Score: 529 as of: 12/01/2012
Goal Score: 650

Message 4 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new card! Please be very careful with FP, they will get you in fees quick if you dont know the details of the accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 15
Artdogg
Established Member

I know, this is going to be my second card from them, I am just getting it for the utilization.  Because no one else will give me anything and my credit score is staying in the high 500's. Almost every credit card I have has a fee somewhere attached to it.  So, I have to roll with the good and the bad. Fingerhut does not have an annual fee and my Milestone and Emblem cards do not either, however those cards credt limits are locked for good. Will not get any higher. So, I am just going to deal with it untill it gets better,

-Art

Cards: Capital One - Cash $500 Capital One - Secured $200 Orchard Bank: $300 First Premier Bank $300 First Premier - Platinum $400 Fingerhut: $650 Emblem: $832 US Bank (Secured): $500 Milestone MasterCard: $300 Best Buy RewardZone: $300 Wal-Mart: $400 Amazon: $400 PSECU (Secured): $500

Starting Score: EQ:510 09/01/12 PSECU
Current Score: 529 as of: 12/01/2012
Goal Score: 650

Message 6 of 15
tonikay68

In response to your question I have received the same letter (My Second Card) In this letter (My Letter) It states "Your excellent Credit History with" First Premier Bank" ...................MySecond PlatinumM/Card is garanteed ...........incorrect......... I never had "FIRST"Premier Platinum M/C...When a Credit Card Company states GUARANTEED APPROVAL or GUARANTEED they are attempting to convince you to apply for this card. Why??? because the rate for purchases is 36% !!! outrageous.

According to my terms n conditions noted. I have to have an income of $10.000...What  Credit Card Co. states an income of $10.000???? Ridiculous.

I would never apply for this card, to many inconsistencies....No CR pulled

Toni K.
Message 7 of 15
tonikay68

Interesting...My First card with First Premier was with Centennial M/C (establish a credit history after divorce). My payments go to First Premier.So I never had a actual First Premier Card. Actually this is complicated.But they say I' approved for a second one ..Approved??? Pre-Approved offers are dings ..for me.. If they are saying I have been approved for my SECOND PLATINUM M/C Which card are they referring to? A different card co. ? And this will be my "Second"? If my acct shows I have a First Premier Platinum M/C well I don't have it..Well then Who does???

Toni K.
Message 8 of 15
tonikay68

WHAT IS PSECU

Toni K.
Message 9 of 15
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

Just a ploy for them to collect twice the amount of fees. I said 'no' and cancelled the first one.
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.