Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

Re: First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

Avoid at all costs.  Having FP on your credit profile is like a financial STD. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Established Contributor
toppers555

somnipotent wrote:

Avoid at all costs.  Having FP on your credit profile is like a financial STD. 

I would not go that far. Depends on which version you have and when you got it .  Not all apr are 36% I know mine wasn't when I had one.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

This is a credit rebuilding card. There's really not much reason to have two tradelines from this company reporting as the older one alone will get you to a point where you can get cards from GE and there there you can grow your CL's and use that as a jumping off point to prime cards.

A second FP card will weight on your ability to manage your utilization in a credit-healthy way given the HUGE fees associated with the card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Valued Contributor
dodfire

I agree! No need to have two of them. As bad as this CC is..."It is what it is". Just keep it a while and use it as a stepping stone. I had to get the FP card back in 2009 $250cl and worked my way up to Credit 1 then to Cap 1. Here it is 3 years later but I am now in the prime cards with $10k limits. It just takes time and patience. You cannot rush it and I do not think that 2 of these cards will help you more than just having one. Just my opinion. 

*8/10/13
tonikay68

Hello

I need a more detailed explanation for First Premier Credit Cards.

I applied for a First Premier Credit Card in 2010. The card sent to me was a "Centennial Credit Card" M/C..On back of card it shows First Premier Bank Services.

Is a Centennial Credit Card a First Premier Bank Card? Why was a Centinnial Credit Card sent to me instead of a  First Premier Card.

If First Premier is stating a Second Premier Card is at my disposal then that would mean that I should already have  "/FirstOne" First Premier Card already. Or is a Centinnial Card actually a First Premier Card.? What's the difference?

What is the difference between a First Premier Credit Card and a First Premier Bank Credit Card

Thank You

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+