Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier stay or cut?

tag
smoop88
Regular Contributor

First Premier stay or cut?

first premier is my oldest card I have had it since 2009 my AAOA is 1.2 or 1.6  months something like that. I'm really tired of them just being a customer is not worth it anymore. If I cut them loose how bad will I drop?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier stay or cut?

Probably not much if any. I just dropped my cap 1 platinum. It was totally useless to me.
Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:

first premier is my oldest card I have had it since 2009 my AAOA is 1.2 or 1.6  months something like that. I'm really tired of them just being a customer is not worth it anymore. If I cut them loose how bad will I drop?

If you don't need the credit limit to help your utilization you won't see any change in score because of closure... it continues to report for 10 years as positive account... CLOSE IT!

Message 3 of 15
My_Fako
Established Contributor

What's your second oldest open account? 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 15
smoop88
Regular Contributor

So in the aaoa do they calculate closed accounts my next oldest one would be well about 9 months old
Message 5 of 15
smoop88
Regular Contributor

What do u mean 10 years? Sorry i never studied much on asoa all i know is its like 15 or 10 percent of ur score
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:
So in the aaoa do they calculate closed accounts my next oldest one would be well about 9 months old

yes closed accounts.

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:
What do u mean 10 years? Sorry i never studied much on asoa all i know is its like 15 or 10 percent of ur score

positive reporting accounts will continue to report for 10 years on your credit report.

Negative accounts typically drop after 7 years.

Message 8 of 15
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Wow!! Never knew that
Message 9 of 15
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:

Kill it!

I can't believe you kept it for this long! Subprime cards like that NEVER grow, and they have unjustifiable fees.

The fact that you have recognized, its time for First Premier to go, it means you’re in the right path.

You also may want to reevaluate other store cards that you got! They do noting for you, having high interest rate with low CL, every time you buy a pants or something their utilization goes up and it hurts your score!

Just work on your QS1 and DISCOVER(try CLI if you been using it), at least you get rewards back and in few months they would give you CLI with SP that doesn’t hurt your score!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.