Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier stay or cut?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier stay or cut?

@smoop88 wrote:

first premier is my oldest card I have had it since 2009 my AAOA is 1.2 or 1.6  months something like that. I'm really tired of them just being a customer is not worth it anymore. If I cut them loose how bad will I drop?

Here is what I would do in your situation:

1) Pay off the first premier card if you have any balance and close it will report positive for 10 yrs

2) Call CS for your AE,Amazon, Banana Rep for CLI or use chat its a SP so won't hurt to try if approved will surely help Util ask for 10k they will counter if they don't approve the entire amount.

3) You have Discover and Cap1's use them they will grow Ask to upgrade the Platinum to another QS1 sure you can benifit the rewards then ask for CLI then possibly combine cards if more then 6 months.

Good luck. Let us know how those CLI go.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A closed account can report up to 10 years on your credit profile.
Message 12 of 15
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Yeah if anything would get cut after 1st premier im thinking jared and kay. I actually have use for all my cards my discover is secured and my qs is too new might give secured card the boot with cap 1 but thats my highest limit to date so id be pushing it
Message 13 of 15
smoop88
Regular Contributor

As far as cli for amazon etc ive been trying that with cs for months how does this platinum to another qs1 work? even if the cap1 platinum is secured?
Message 14 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smoop88 wrote:
As far as cli for amazon etc ive been trying that with cs for months how does this platinum to another qs1 work? even if the cap1 platinum is secured?

Try chat for Amazon CLI.

and you do mean credit solutions number not customer service when you say cs right?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.