Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier um..

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

First Premier um..

Still sending me pre approval apps!! I give the cardboard cards to my niece (who is 4) so she can play with them. I don't know why, but I feel insulted when companies like that send me things. 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Premier um..

Why do you feel insulted?  Alas, you have a Capital One "credit steps" account, so what gives?  If you had FICO scores in the 800 range and an excellent credit history I could see that.  But even folks in that sphere still get them.  They can market these products to whomever and especially for folks whose profiles are considered not-so-perfect or average, even for those who are just starting to build.  Just shred them (or give the cardboard CC inserts to your niece or make a hula skirt out of them).  Don't take things personal.  It is just business and part of their marketing efforts.

Message 2 of 38
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I've read about the cards they offer.. and the fees are atrcocious. They really are.. the cards are great for some people, not all. And Capital One isn't all that bad. 

Message 3 of 38
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Why do you feel insulted?  Alas, you have a Capital One "credit steps" account, so what gives?  If you had FICO scores in the 800 range and an excellent credit histroy I could see that.  But even folks in that sphere still get them.  They can market these products to whomever and especially for folks whose profiles are considered not-so-perfect or average, even for those who are just starting to build.  Just shred them (or give the cardboard CC inserts to your niece or make a hula skirt out of them).  Don't take things personal.  It is just business and part of their marketing efforts.

My niece loves them because she loves having her own "cards". lol Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Why do you feel insulted?  Alas, you have a Capital One "credit steps" account, so what gives?  If you had FICO scores in the 800 range and an excellent credit histroy I could see that.  But even folks in that sphere still get them.  They can market these products to whomever and especially for folks whose profiles are considered not-so-perfect or average, even for those who are just starting to build.  Just shred them (or give the cardboard CC inserts to your niece or make a hula skirt out of them).  Don't take things personal.  It is just business and part of their marketing efforts.

Oh goodness, she's gonna take after you...watch out world...LOL. 

Honestly, even folks with good/excellent credit get these from time to time.  I would just laugh it out and shred them.  Some individuals who want to prove a point even go through the lentghs of shredding the inserts and sending them back to the issuer.

Message 5 of 38
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Oh goodness, she's gonna take after you...watch out world...LOL. 

Honestly, even folks with good/excellent credit get these from time to time.  I would just laugh it out and shred them.  Some individuals who want to prove a point even go through the lentghs of shredding the inserts and sending them back to the issuer.

Yeah my mom said she gets them too and I know she has excellent credit. I do laugh inside my head because I got approved for awesome cards so sometimes I get puzzled!! Yeah she has one of my old wristlet wallets lol. My mom got an AE application in the mail and it came with a fake see through plastic card (like with Blue, BCE etc). so I gave it to her and told her to buy stuff!! Lol.

Message 6 of 38
Involver
Valued Contributor

I dont think that this is something that should be taken personally.

I would take it more personally if companies were sending me invites to credit products that I would be a gaurantee decline for simply as a way to pad their numbers and get people to app.

Even then, no. It's business.
Message 7 of 38
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Still sending me pre approval apps!! I give the cardboard cards to my niece (who is 4) so she can play with them. I don't know why, but I feel insulted when companies like that send me things. 

at least that's not ridiculous as Discover sending me another app after I already have the same exact card. hahahha

Message 8 of 38
negg
Frequent Contributor

I get these offers with a starting line of $700. And credit one still sends me offers for a line of $1500.  And since I get very little mail these days, it gives me the opportunity to Bust out theshredder. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 9 of 38
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

It's been quite a while since I received one of their offers, but I did receive them for several months after my credit transitioned from the "fair" to the "very good" range. I don't see it as anything to be insulted about. They receive lists of individuals who meet certain criteria and mail out offers... it's all just business.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.