Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier

Is it me, or can any score get approved for this card.  My fico score was in the mid 400s and I was approved instantly, and boy has it helped my scores tremendously.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier

First Premiere does set the bar rather low. The flip side to that is fees are high, and the card really isn't upgradeable.

After your FICOs reach the 600s and you're eligible for better cards, jettison it.
Message 2 of 13
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

have never heard of anyone getting denied for a first premier card, but i suspect if they did, they probably wouldn't post about it since first premier's pretty much considered a 'slam dunk', much like tribute, rewards 660, and all the other 'fees up the wazoo b/c no one else would give you credit' subprime cards.  w/that said, suprime ccs DO have their use as they've raised my scores a decent amount. unfortunately, the first premiers, orchards, etc. won't 'grow w/you', so you'll be stuck in the land of 250-350 CLs.  when my 2 yr anniv. w/first premier hits (1/09), i'm canceling as it's served its purpose.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

tiger20 wrote:
Is it me, or can any score get approved for this card.  My fico score was in the mid 400s and I was approved instantly, and boy has it helped my scores tremendously.

Hi Tiger20,

I second TNWM's response.   I as well have FPB and they served their purpose. I'm closing both of them this summer. 

Use them to your advantage until your scores are higher then you'll be on to bigger and better banks.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend was denied for First Premier because of too many collections.
Message 5 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Dang, I thought that all you had to do was give FP your email address and they'd send you a card..Smiley Tongue
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses guys.  I have two pmb cards and the 2nd came because I paid on time for six months.  Don't know if I shoud have taken it or not, but rebuilding credit takes more work  than I thought.  Anyways once they are paid off I will look for a better card no doubt.  But, since I have had these cards my credit score has taken a big turn for the better.  I am looking to be in the Mid 600s by late September on all three reports.

Thanks again
Message 7 of 13
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

hi tiger, i have 2 first premiers also.  the 1st w/the whopping 250 cl wasn't doing much, so they generously offered a 2nd w/a whopping 350 cl lol.  NO CLIs since then (unless of course i want to cough up $25 for what's likely a $100 CLI lol no thank you first premier and all your freaking fees!) and i've had them for 1.5 yrs.  they (and 2 unsecured orchards) since early 2007 have boosted my ficos.  i'm now up to the mid 600s and looking to 'move on up'.  recently got a BA 99/500...partially secured, BUT it is w/a PRIME BANK and BA will give me a nice CLI once the cc graduates (6-12 months- just in time to dump first premiers!).  who knows, maybe i'll see a 4 digit credit line sometime in my lifetime again haha

1 thing i'd recommend is paying your first premiers (and any other subprime ccs you have) IN FULL every month.  just this past month alone i was able to see a fico jump of 70+ points just from paying off my 4 subprime ccs in full.

once you stumble credit wise, it is a LONG haul back up, but others have made it and so can you.  patience is your friend.

Message Edited by creditreformer on 05-17-2008 07:59 PM
Message 8 of 13
need2improve
New Contributor

Hmm, I'm in a similar boat. score is in the low 500s, went through a really hard financial time and my scores plummeted as a result..all I got left that is still open is Kohls.  I did receive an invite FP's black card though, doubt I can get anything else.  Should I accept the offer, or do you think a prepaid through b of a would be better based on your past experience?

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 9 of 13
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
Dang, I thought that all you had to do was give FP your email address and they'd send you a card..Smiley Tongue

Yeah seriously! I thought it was like getting into community college. All you need is a #2 pencil. 

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.