Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

First Premier

I hate i evan applied for this card i hate paying this 7 dollar fee every month.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
cartercorp

Re: First Premier

WOW 7 bucks each month for what? is that just a service fee? or just free money for them?
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

cartercorp wrote:
WOW 7 bucks each month for what? is that just a service fee? or just free money for them?

Free money for them if u ask me.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

just closed mine.  i could NOT get a cc from ANYONE when i opened mine.  hated paying the fees (though they lowered them for me @ activation, so not quite as atrocious), but it did its job and led to better ccs.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

I'm not happy about the fees, but I'm happy about having a positive tradeline on my credit report. So I'll continue paying the $7 until March, when the account will be 2 years old. Then it's bye-bye, First Premier! :smileyvery-happy:
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Valued Member
German_Girl

I closed my First premier after like 6 mon when I got my Cap1, I hated the fees and the fact that I couldn't pay my bill online. Well I could have but I had to pay a fee to open an online account. :smileymad: and the APR was high so um good riddens first premier
as of 09/16/2008 TU 623, EX 620, EQ 663
as of 10/01/2008 TU 637, EX???, EQ 655
Valued Contributor
cobra19

Yes, the fees are high, but FP has a nice market niche they have carved out. There are many folks who, for whatever reason, have difficulty obtaining a positive TL. That is where FP (and others) step in. They serve a useful purpose, and for some are a lifesaver.

When you get back on your feet and your FP helps you to get better cards, then you cut them off.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Established Contributor
jaybird201

I never understood why people don't just get secured credit cards like when they first got credit. Just didn't make any sense to me!
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

jaybird201 wrote:
I never understood why people don't just get secured credit cards like when they first got credit. Just didn't make any sense to me!

Unfortunately some people get turned down for secured cards. Sometimes FP and the like are the only way to start rebuilding. They are the only options for some people.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

I chose fp b/c literally no one else would give me a cc- and rightfully so based on my past history.  Some banks will deny you for public records- EVEN for secured ccs- ex., wells fargo, bank of America, possibly Citibank, penfed, etc.  to this day, there are certain ccs that i CANNOT get simply b/c of a public record (tax lien), even though it's in dispute and even though it's from 2003.

after racking up a # of inquiries which only led to denials, I went w/first premier b/c to rebuild I HAD to get A cc.  it did its job and led to other ccs- orchard (to be closed early 09), cap 1 (now up to 1.1k cl), ba 99/500 (can’t wait for it to unsecure), target red, and hooters.  Ficos went from ridiculously low (as in, I doubt they were even in the 400s and if they were, it was a miracle) in early 07 to nearly 700.  so yes, fp fees sucked, but it did its job.

Btw, you CAN pay your bill online w/o paying a fee- simply do it through your bank billpay and NO fee is charged.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}