Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premiere Bank Pre Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premiere Bank Pre Approval

@celticslegends wrote:

I received a First Premiere bank pre approval letter in the mail today.  Now that I have been responsible with my two CC's over the last year or so it seems I am turning a corner.  I have been denied by Barclays and wanted them as a 3rd trade line, but still would like the 3rd trade line to compliment my Capital One quicksilver and my credit union rewards.  I was recently denied by my credit union for a 2nd card with them.  They would only give me the card if I had a valid reason.  They told me to wait another 6-8 months before getting a card through them.  The only negative thing I have on my report at this time is $70k worth of student loans which are in default, but I am rehabbing them and they will be fixed in about 6 months.  Other than that, everything is great.

My scores are around 640 now, but still not good enough for the prime lenders.  Should I take the First Premiere card and utilize that to build it up, or should I steer clear and wait things out for something better and use my cap 1 and credit union card.  Maybe I should get a 2nd card with Cap 1?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Burn it.

I'm not kidding.

Go to your car, drain some gas, pour it on the letter, and burn it.

Now stomp on the ashes and if you're in a place where you can do so.....Well, you know what to do.

Stop mod cutting me, seriously..

Message 11 of 18
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

I received a First Premiere bank pre approval letter in the mail today.  Now that I have been responsible with my two CC's over the last year or so it seems I am turning a corner.  I have been denied by Barclays and wanted them as a 3rd trade line, but still would like the 3rd trade line to compliment my Capital One quicksilver and my credit union rewards.  I was recently denied by my credit union for a 2nd card with them.  They would only give me the card if I had a valid reason.  They told me to wait another 6-8 months before getting a card through them.  The only negative thing I have on my report at this time is $70k worth of student loans which are in default, but I am rehabbing them and they will be fixed in about 6 months.  Other than that, everything is great.

My scores are around 640 now, but still not good enough for the prime lenders.  Should I take the First Premiere card and utilize that to build it up, or should I steer clear and wait things out for something better and use my cap 1 and credit union card.  Maybe I should get a 2nd card with Cap 1?

Burn it.

I'm not kidding.

Now stomp on the ashes and if you're in a place where you can do so. Mod cut.

Ha.  Thanks bud.  I tore it up and through it in the trash.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@celticslegends wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

Burn it.

I'm not kidding.

Now stomp on the ashes and if you're in a place where you can do so. Unnecessary Mod cut.

Ha.  Thanks bud.  I tore it up and through it in the trash.

That'll do.

Message 13 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Stay away from them as everyone else in this thread suggests. It will drop your AAoA (mentioned above) and you won't get anywhere with them. The fees and APR are stupid.

Your handle name is funny.  What is your 5k time?  Kudos to you for going from 380 score to the 600's.  Thanks for your advice.

Figures you'd choose my weakest leg. My PR for the 5K is 21:34 and that was at 205 lbs. My strongest leg is the bike as I've been a cyclist for years.

Thanks! It's been a long road and digging myself out of the whole my dad dug for me... it hasn't been pretty at times. Keep your head up and one foot in front of the other.

Personal:

Business:

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@celticslegends wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Stay away from them as everyone else in this thread suggests. It will drop your AAoA (mentioned above) and you won't get anywhere with them. The fees and APR are stupid.

Your handle name is funny.  What is your 5k time?  Kudos to you for going from 380 score to the 600's.  Thanks for your advice.

Figures you'd choose my weakest leg. My PR for the 5K is 21:34 and that was at 205 lbs. My strongest leg is the bike as I've been a cyclist for years.

Thanks! It's been a long road and digging myself out of the whole my dad dug for me... it hasn't been pretty at times. Keep your head up and one foot in front of the other.

If you don't mind me asking. Just how exactly did you get your score below 400?

My brother in law walked away from about $300,000 in various types of debt and only got to about 408 at his lowest.

Message 15 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

While I was in college my dad ran up over $100,000 in credit cards in my name. Several failed utilities and also had rental properties in my name. He owned 20 homes at one time, and I owned 12 of them haha. I had no idea of this, however, because while I was at college he corresponded by mail (which I never got) and he knew all my personal info of course. His old corporate cell phone account was in my name as well which failed. The list goes on and on...

Personal:

Business:

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

While I was in college my dad ran up over $100,000 in credit cards in my name. Several failed utilities and also had rental properties in my name. He owned 20 homes at one time, and I owned 12 of them haha. I had no idea of this, however, because while I was at college he corresponded by mail (which I never got) and he knew all my personal info of course. His old corporate cell phone account was in my name as well which failed. The list goes on and on...

Well, That would do it...

How were you able to clean up that mess?

Message 17 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Well, That would do it...

How were you able to clean up that mess?

That certainly did it haha. I had no choice but to CH7 last year when I couldn't even get a job because of him.

Personal:

Business:

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.