Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premiere

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premiere

I had two old chargeoffs from First Premiere from 2008. Both were unpaid and one was close to $500 and the other was $379.

While rebuilding I heard how much of a pain FP is to work with so knowing they were about to fall off in the beginning of 2015 I left them alone. Also FP would report every 6 months to one account saying I made a $72 payment (which was a complete lie) so I just left them alone.

In October I got TU to remove both of them early. I tried with EX but they told me to call back the beginning of January (fall off date was 2/15) I called EX on 12/29 and got a nice lady who removed them early for me. Next I tried with EQ but it was a no go. They told me I had to wait till 04/15 since that's when they have it listed to fall off.

The very beginning of February EQ deleted them both 2 months early!! I was so happy to finally have them off my reports. Like I said they were reporting a payment made on one of the accounts every 6 months and even after this payment was made my balance would remain the same and this caused my score to drop a little every 6 months

Yesterday I got a envelope in the mail with the Mastercard logo and with Pre-Approved written real big on it. I got excited at first and was hoping it was from a card I wanted. This was my first pre-approval in the mail (besides commenity) I opened it up and it was FIRST PREMIERE!!! THey were offering me a card with a $700 credit limit and a $175 fee!!!! SMH! As soon as the chargeoffs fell off they were quick to send me that Pre approval. I would never ever take it and I'm currently trying to close my Credit One but it's just weird that's as soon as the 2 unpaid chargeoffs got deleted off my last CR they send a pre-approval. It's just crazy because both chargeoffs remain unpaid.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premiere

@Anonymous wrote:
I had two old chargeoffs from First Premiere from 2008. Both were unpaid and one was close to $500 and the other was $379.

While rebuilding I heard how much of a pain FP is to work with so knowing they were about to fall off in the beginning of 2015 I left them alone. Also FP would report every 6 months to one account saying I made a $72 payment (which was a complete lie) so I just left them alone.

In October I got TU to remove both of them early. I tried with EX but they told me to call back the beginning of January (fall off date was 2/15) I called EX on 12/29 and got a nice lady who removed them early for me. Next I tried with EQ but it was a no go. They told me I had to wait till 04/15 since that's when they have it listed to fall off.

The very beginning of February EQ deleted them both 2 months early!! I was so happy to finally have them off my reports. Like I said they were reporting a payment made on one of the accounts every 6 months and even after this payment was made my balance would remain the same and this caused my score to drop a little every 6 months

Yesterday I got a envelope in the mail with the Mastercard logo and with Pre-Approved written real big on it. I got excited at first and was hoping it was from a card I wanted. This was my first pre-approval in the mail (besides commenity) I opened it up and it was FIRST PREMIERE!!! THey were offering me a card with a $700 credit limit and a $175 fee!!!! SMH! As soon as the chargeoffs fell off they were quick to send me that Pre approval. I would never ever take it and I'm currently trying to close my Credit One but it's just weird that's as soon as the 2 unpaid chargeoffs got deleted off my last CR they send a pre-approval. It's just crazy because both chargeoffs remain unpaid.

Wow.

Well congrats on getting them deleted.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The creditqueen is all confused cause-

"This was my first pre-approval in the mail (besides commenity) I opened it up and it was FIRST PREMIERE!!! THey were offering me a card with a $700 credit limit and a $175 fee!!!! SMH! As soon as the chargeoffs fell off they were quick to send me that Pre approval. I would never ever take it and I'm currently trying to close my Credit One but it's just weird that's as soon as the 2 unpaid chargeoffs got deleted off my last CR they send a pre-approval. It's just crazy because both chargeoffs remain unpaid."

It's just business.  They're prolly thinkin they can get their money back on another deal, now that you're more responsible cause you're on Myfico.Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know lol they just didn't waste any time at all!! 

All 3 of my scores right now are between 640-670 and have been there for the last couple months (besides EQ was 594 before my FP charge offs fell off) but I haven't received anything from them before this. Nothing at all, and EQ was the last to delete them and they deleted them on 2/1 and yesterday 2/17 I had a pre-approval in my mailbox from them!! Lol so they definitely don't waste any time. One card had a $300 limit and the other card I believe had a $400 limit (that was charged off) so that one card that they offered me with a $700 limit seems to be both of the cards that were charged off combined. Just crazy! 

kinda sad the pre approval wasn't for a card I want Smiley Sad or fir a decent card that I might be interested in Smiley Sad!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You Nixon! 

I couldnt wait till they were off my reports! I ruined my credit in 2005 (was I was 18/19) and in 2008 my credit was still bad and I guess I wanted to try to fix everything so I signed up for the First Premiere card after I got a preapproval then. I was doing good to the point hey offered me a second card and I took it but at that time I was in a abusive marriage and gave up on everything 

this time around i am in a much better place! Remarried to a great guy, and on MyFico learning everything I can and doing it the right way this time! So I'm very  happy that part of my past is somewhat gone now. 

Message 5 of 9
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

FP based on my experience is as bout as bad as you can get!  Just pure rotten!  Way to many options out there for anyone to really ever deal with them!  They are not worth the baggage that they come with!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill give FP one positive over CreditOne...They have a grace period.
Message 7 of 9
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know lol they just didn't waste any time at all!! 

All 3 of my scores right now are between 640-670 and have been there for the last couple months (besides EQ was 594 before my FP charge offs fell off) but I haven't received anything from them before this. Nothing at all, and EQ was the last to delete them and they deleted them on 2/1 and yesterday 2/17 I had a pre-approval in my mailbox from them!! Lol so they definitely don't waste any time. One card had a $300 limit and the other card I believe had a $400 limit (that was charged off) so that one card that they offered me with a $700 limit seems to be both of the cards that were charged off combined. Just crazy! 

kinda sad the pre approval wasn't for a card I want Smiley Sad or fir a decent card that I might be interested in Smiley Sad!

+1 to that! When I was rebuilding I had them as one of the cards and once I closed them (wasn't going to keep on paying their annoying fees) now they send me pre-approval emails constantly. I think since I have actually gotten at least one or two mailers from them as well. Of course at least they're not like Credit One trying to waste trees sending them almost monthly like clockwork lol.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit said-

"kinda sad the pre approval wasn't for a card I want :smileysad: or fir a decent card that I might be interested in :smileysad:!"

LOL well you can't blame for tryin

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.