Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Prime Application . . . Wait for processing :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Prime Application . . . Wait for processing :(

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy, I was approved for Chase Freedom!

Pretty funny actually because both my EX and TU are frozen.  I called the analyst backdoor after getting a message saying it was processing.  He told me that the automated system tried EX and TU and both were frozen.  He then offered to check EQ.  He did and I got a $1000 limit.  Not much obviously, but it's a start.  Just happy to have my foot in the door and I can hope for a CLI down the road.

Hopefully I can just get one more after my EX clears up and then it's into the garden with me for a while.

Congrats!! Freedom is a great card Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it was probably the one I wanted most (at least of the ones I thought I had a chance of getting).  I am thrilled and will make sure to spend like crazy on it and pay in full all the time.

Message 12 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 30
john398
Senior Contributor

Freedom is aweome congrats

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jimbo are you a member of PSECU?

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not yet but I will be soon.  My wife joined last month as a student at a PA University.  Now I can join as her spouse.  I was waiting for my EX to clear up and I plan to join and app for their auto loan to refinance our new car.  I am also considering applying for their CC.  The problem is it has no rewards program and I don't really plan to carry a balance, so the low APR won't help me much.  It is kind of between the PSECU CC, Citi Forward, or PNC CashBuilder.  I am also a current PNC customer so I would get a flat rate of 1.5% cash back with them, which is quite good.  Not to mention it would easily integrate with my online banking info.  Tough call really.  I imagine PSECU would give me a higher limit.

Message 16 of 30
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy, I was approved for Chase Freedom!

Pretty funny actually because both my EX and TU are frozen.  I called the analyst backdoor after getting a message saying it was processing.  He told me that the automated system tried EX and TU and both were frozen.  He then offered to check EQ.  He did and I got a $1000 limit.  Not much obviously, but it's a start.  Just happy to have my foot in the door and I can hope for a CLI down the road.

Hopefully I can just get one more after my EX clears up and then it's into the garden with me for a while.

Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not yet but I will be soon.  My wife joined last month as a student at a PA University.  Now I can join as her spouse.  I was waiting for my EX to clear up and I plan to join and app for their auto loan to refinance our new car.  I am also considering applying for their CC.  The problem is it has no rewards program and I don't really plan to carry a balance, so the low APR won't help me much.  It is kind of between the PSECU CC, Citi Forward, or PNC CashBuilder.  I am also a current PNC customer so I would get a flat rate of 1.5% cash back with them, which is quite good.  Not to mention it would easily integrate with my online banking info.  Tough call really.  I imagine PSECU would give me a higher limit.

That's good to hear you are going to become a member. I would definitely apply for the combo.

Even though the card may not have a rewards program, the high limit will help you get high limit reward cards with other creditors.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's good to hear you are going to become a member. I would definitely apply for the combo.

Even though the card may not have a rewards program, the high limit will help you get high limit reward cards with other creditors.

That's a good point about the high limit making others match it.  You actually think I would get the combo?  Is that significantly different than just the CC or do you always automatically get the combo?

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a good point about the high limit making others match it.  You actually think I would get the combo?  Is that significantly different than just the CC or do you always automatically get the combo?

from my research the combo is a cc/loc....say for example you are approved for $10k combo.

The $10k would be shared between the cc and loc.

On your report it will have 2 tradelines, so essentially it will show you have $20k in available credit which will help with utilization Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.