cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Progress declined, no available balance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Progress declined, no available balance?

I have had this card since Feb, I haven't had any late payments since July when I paid it all off and have kept low balances since, pif every month. I have a cl of $1000 and had a balance of $11 yesterday before making a purchase on Amazon for $45 and a purchase from Walmart.com for $170. When I went to get some food, my card was declined. I checked my online balance and it said $0 available out of $1000. How is this possible? I've made purchases on this card amounting to more than $250. Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be because I accidentally made my payment on the due date (10/9) until waiting after and it says minimum payment 0? I really don't like being jerked around with my own money.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: First Progress declined, no available balance?

I had something similar happen with my First Progress card. I've never paid them late or tried to make any large payments or traveled with the card, but they froze it for some reason--I can't remember the exact reason they gave, but I called them and they fixed it. It only happened one time, and I've had the card for 10 months now without any other issues. Their website is not great, that's for sure. I always pay it off before the statement, so I get a $0 balance each month, so I don't think that's the problem. I recommend calling them very soon.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. I tried calling before they opened, I made this thread, then I called again and they updated my balance. I don't like being declined though it brings me back to when I didn't have money.
Message 3 of 5
crrredit
Established Contributor

Did they give a reason for this happening?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't speak with them because I have 3 times previously and it is painful. I bet their excuse would be something like it's Sunday and we couldn't manually approve the charge so we freezes up all the funds until the next business day. That sounds like what their response would be.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.