cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* First REAL Adverse Action - BofA SHUT DOWN !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: * First REAL Adverse Action - BofA SHUT DOWN !

Sorry it happened. Using 4k of 5k limit was probably not a good idea, then calling attention to account by callling in to UW most likely created additional attention on your account. Hope things get better. 

Message 41 of 123
ddemari
Super Contributor

Sorry this happened to you! I had AA from boa last year in June. Called them up to lower my apr, they did lower from 20% to 16% and offered to do a balace transfer/direct deposit into my checking my 5000 dollars with a 0% promo for like 18 months. I said no thanks but took the lower apr. 2 days later my card was closed out for too much available credit. 

Message 42 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

So lesson people: DO NOT CALL BofA lol
Message 43 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was gonna call for an APR reduction next month when my promo ends. hmmmm

Message 44 of 123
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear that they closed your account...but as you mentioned, you're doing quite well with what you have.  Enjoy you got and thanks for providing the data points that can be of help to some of us here on the forum.

Message 45 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Sorry this happened to you! I had AA from boa last year in June. Called them up to lower my apr, they did lower from 20% to 16% and offered to do a balace transfer/direct deposit into my checking my 5000 dollars with a 0% promo for like 18 months. I said no thanks but took the lower apr. 2 days later my card was closed out for too much available credit. 

I think that a common denominator in a lot of these AAs and not just BoA is calling in for CLI"s, APRs and online CLI applications or even CL combining.  These seem to be the trigger points that cause the lending departments of creditors to give your account extra scrutiny and spurs the AA. I've seen this with BoA, Comenity, Chase and I'm sure there are others.  I think sometimes we, in our never ending efforts to get more and more, are unfortunately the catalysts for unwanted attention and certainly unwanted actions.  I doubt that this occurs that often in the general population that often because I'm doubtful that many people outside credit boards ever call for APR reductions or ask for CLIs.  We can be our worst enemies at times.

Message 46 of 123
taxi818
Super Contributor

I just got my BofA 2 weeks ago. Was not even interested in apping with them but after 4 mailers in a month. I said what the hell. Ok. now im in. But they seem fine with me. I can't imagine them saying my 150k in limits is too much. Why approve me. I don't feel the need to micro manage every card either. let the limits remain where they are and leave the Uw people alone. Sorry op. But not a big lost with all your cards.

Message 47 of 123
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't think it's about "do not call BOA". I just think if you have a lot of credit seeking, high util, etc it makes sense to not draw unnecessary attention to your account by calling, regardless of issuer.
Message 48 of 123
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I don't think it's about "do not call BOA". I just think if you have a lot of credit seeking, high util, etc it makes sense to not draw unnecessary attention to your account by calling, regardless of issuer.

Well said kdm well said 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 49 of 123
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kdm should be an analyst
Message 50 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.