Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First SCT Ever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First SCT Ever

... And it turns out to be Overstock making the offer.....  Is there a benefit to holding this card?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First SCT Ever

@Anonymous wrote:

... And it turns out to be Overstock making the offer.....  Is there a benefit to holding this card?

Depends.  Do you shop there on a regular basis?  

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

First time, but I like their prices on higher end electronics.  Seriously thinking about getting a Nexus phone that's pretty cheap (on the Overstock site).

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

First time, but I like their prices on higher end electronics.  Seriously thinking about getting a Nexus phone that's pretty cheap (on the Overstock site).

The advantage of the card is that they do offer extended 0% financing options on higher priced items so it may be useful to you if you plan on continuing to purchase there.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I went thru the process and was approved for 14k.  It didn't say whether this was for the store or mastercard.  So I checked with the chat folx and they said it was the store card.  Pft.  Called and closed it which was pretty seemless and automated the whole way.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went thru the process and was approved for 14k.  It didn't say whether this was for the store or mastercard.  So I checked with the chat folx and they said it was the store card.  Pft.  Called and closed it which was pretty seemless and automated the whole way.

Not sure what you expected.  The SCT is always for the store card.  Also there's a good chance that even though you closed it already that it will report the the credit bureaus.  Oh well.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I was expecting the MC.  Meh, oh well.  It'd be nice if they don't report it, but I'm not in NA danger territory.  I think the only NA (less than 2 years) is the Blue Cash card that arrived yesterday.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL I was expecting the MC.  Meh, oh well.  It'd be nice if they don't report it, but I'm not in NA danger territory.  I think the only NA (less than 2 years) is the Blue Cash card that arrived yesterday.

Should have mentioned that part Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

The Mastercard is from FNBO....it is never a SCT. SCT is almost always a store card.

I have both the Mastercard and the store card from Overstock. The advantages of the store card are you get deferred billing on any purchases of $249 or more. This card will also grow much faster than the Mastercard. I had the store card first, and also joined Club O Rewards. There is Club O Silver and Club O Gold memberships.

The Club O Silver Membership is free, but you must subscribe to Email and remain subscribed to Email to receive your benefits.  

With the Club O rewards Silver, you get 2% back in points for every purchase and free shipping on orders over $45.

The Club O Gold Membership fee is $19.95, and you get free shipping on all purchases and 5% back in points,

If you have the Club O Mastercard, you do not have to pay for membership in Club O Rewards Gold....you get it for free. You also get an extra 3% in points on every purchase, which makes your points 8% on each purchase, plus free shipping.

Message 9 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear first SCT ever was an epic fail open and close wasted INQ and AAoA hitSmiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.