Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Source Advantage and Hospital Collection

tag
Reese2107
Valued Member

First Source Advantage and Hospital Collection

I have one baddie on my credit and it is a collection from First Source Advantage and a hospital (same debt). I tried to negotiate a PFD with both agencies today with a refusal by both parties even if I did pay it in full. I asked about a letter of GW as well. However, that is not acceptable. What should I do?

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RSCo
Established Contributor

Re: First Source Advantage and Hospital Collection

@Reese2107 wrote:
I have one baddie on my credit and it is a collection from First Source Advantage and a hospital (same debt). I tried to negotiate a PFD with both agencies today with a refusal by both parties even if I did pay it in full. I asked about a letter of GW as well. However, that is not acceptable. What should I do?

The good news is that the new vantage score model that was rolled out last month will completely disregard and NOT include PAID medical collections at all.. While on manual review it may not be ideal, automated scoring will exclude PAID medical collections.. Google "new vantagescore 3.0" and read all about it..

Good luck..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 2 of 6
Reese2107
Valued Member

OK. Well. That's good news. Guess I'll have to settle with them. Another question. IF I settle for half the amount...will they report the balance as PAID 0.00 dollars. Or will the other half of the debt that wasn't paid for still remain as the current balance?

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ: 664 TU: 673 EX: 700
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cards: Citi Forward (Students): $1.5k, Wells Fargo Secured: $2k, Kay Jewelers: $300, BoA Cash Rewards (Students): $700, Buckle: $250
Message 3 of 6
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Reese2107 wrote:
OK. Well. That's good news. Guess I'll have to settle with them. Another question. IF I settle for half the amount...will they report the balance as PAID 0.00 dollars. Or will the other half of the debt that wasn't paid for still remain as the current balance?

Will report a 0 balance as Paid... But, they may add a comment that it was settled for less that the full amount due.. But it will show as Paid with a 0 balance..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 6
BS3
New Contributor

Who will use the new vantagescore 3.0 though?  Where will this all affect?  Thanks for your info!

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@Reese2107 wrote:

The good news is that the new vantage score model that was rolled out last month will completely disregard and NOT include PAID medical collections at all.. While on manual review it may not be ideal, automated scoring will exclude PAID medical collections.. Google "new vantagescore 3.0" and read all about it..

Good luck..

I've never heard of any lenders using vantagescores for credit decisions........Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.