Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Timer - Capital One Venture One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Timer - Capital One Venture One

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: First Timer - Capital One Venture One

Welcome to the forum. Yes you are allowed two Cap1 cards. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 34
MT936
Established Contributor

yes you can have multiple capital one cards

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

I thought the venture will give me travel rewards instead of cash back

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus the one time bonua of 20,000 bonus miles 

Message 6 of 34
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

thats great to know so ow much would u have to spend in order to get like a ticket

Message 8 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly. So the Venture One gives you 1.25 'miles' for every dollar spent. Each 'mile' is good for 1 cent towards travel charges like hotels, airlines, etc. So you are getting 1.25% back on each purchase. Your Quicksilver card gives a better return already at 1.5%.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about the regular venture with 2x miles and 40,000 bonus is that better

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.