-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Timer - Capital One Venture One

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

I thought the venture will give me travel rewards instead of cash back

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

thats great to know so ow much would u have to spend in order to get like a ticket

Depends on the price of the ticket. Spending 10k on the card would get you $125 bucks toward travel.

Message 11 of 34
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

You'll want the Venture, not the Venture One.  Basically 2% back on all purchases if redeemed against travel, but a pretty generous definition of travel. It has a $59 AF. Only worthwhile for the current $400 sign up bonus, IMO.  Fidelity Amex is a better option for 2% cb. Cap1 will also pull all 3 credit reports. 

Message 12 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

what about the regular venture with 2x miles and 40,000 bonus is that better

'Better' rewards, yes, but it has an annual fee which means you would have to throw a lot of money through it to net a return. How much are you planning on charging on your new card every year?

Message 13 of 34
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

I thought the venture will give me travel rewards instead of cash back

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

thats great to know so ow much would u have to spend in order to get like a ticket

You're getting 1.25 miles per dollar. Each mile is valued at 1c towards travel expenses. So if you purchased an $800 plane ticket, you would need 80,000 Venture One miles to offset the cost. However. you would reach the 80,00 Venture One miles by putting $64k through the card, excluding the sign up bonus. 

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

'Better' rewards, yes, but it has an annual fee which means you would have to throw a lot of money through it to net a return. How much are you planning on charging on your new card every year?

Im thinking a vacation for the fall for my girlfriends birthday

Message 15 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im thinking a vacation for the fall for my girlfriends birthday

No I mean how much are you planning on spending on the card every year?

If you are planning on signing up only for the sign up bonus, that's one thing. If you are actually trying to get a card to earn rewards over the long term, it would help to know how much money a year you estimate that you will charge to the card.

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I get a nice limit like 10k I would put everything and pay in full I dont want a small limit tho

Message 17 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I get a nice limit like 10k I would put everything and pay in full I dont want a small limit tho

Just so I understand. You are saying that you plan on spending $10,000 on the card in a years time, correct?

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I meant monthly because I would put my expenses on it food everything

Message 19 of 34
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

No I meant monthly because I would put my expenses on it food everything

So you are going to put 10 grand a month on this card? Every month?

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.