Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Timer - Capital One Venture One

tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Re: First Timer - Capital One Venture One

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

Welcome to the forum, baseballfan! I think other cards would serve you better. I would definitely not waste three pulls trying to get Venture or Venture one, since your AAoA is so short. Cap One makes it clear that these are cards for Excellent Credit, which for them means having had a TL of at least 5K for five years.

Good luck with your app!

ETA: Also, I would be surprised if Barclay gave you a 10K limit right away. You should be prepared to something in the range of 3-5K, which you can increase over time through CLI.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 

I currently have cap one quick 3k and discover 4k, amex gold 

I want either barclay arrival, venture, or chase freedom sig

Message 32 of 34
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

+1.  Quicksilver is the better product.  Plus they both have no FTF if you are traveling internationally.  

If you're looking for a good travel card, the Barclay's Arrival + has a great bonus ($400 after $3K/3mos spend).  CSP is also excellent.  I would pick both of these over the regular Cap One Venture Card.  The only negative is both of these cards have annual fees.

If you're looking for a no annual fee travel card, the Bank of America Travel Rewards will give you 1.5% back (same as Quicksilver); no FTF; and easily attainable bonus ($100 after $500/3 mos spend).

Message 33 of 34
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you 

I currently have cap one quick 3k and discover 4k, amex gold 

I want either barclay arrival, venture, or chase freedom sig

If you're pushing 10k/month on a card and you want a travel card, I'm not really sure why you are between Arrival, Venture, or Freedom. I think the CSP or Arrival+ are the best two options for you...and if you want actual "miles" that you can transfer to airlines, etc., the CSP is what you want. 128,400 URs/year on CSP + 45k bonus first year + 1st year AF waived... 173,400 URs can get you a REALLY nice vacation somewhere. Lol

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.