New Visitor
baseballfan21

First Timer - Capital One Venture One

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Re: First Timer - Capital One Venture One

Welcome to the forum. Yes you are allowed two Cap1 cards. 

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Discover $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 10/25/13 /
Established Contributor
MT936

yes you can have multiple capital one cards

NPSL...................$7500..................$5100...................$2500...................$2500..................$1300..................$500..........

21 year old college student. 751 FICO. Been building credit since age 17. Last APP 7/14/14

Established Contributor
-NewGuy-

baseballfan21 wrote:

Hi first timer here little background 1.5 AAoA  I have a capital one regular quicksilver with $3,000.00 converted from journey I really want the venture one for the travel.. Can you have two Capital One cards ? My credit is decent upper 690's and no negatives 

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

New Visitor
baseballfan21

-NewGuy- wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

You can have two but it would be a waste. The Quicksilver card you have gives 1.5% back on everything, and the Venture One gives 1.25% on everything.

I thought the venture will give me travel rewards instead of cash back

New Visitor
baseballfan21

Plus the one time bonua of 20,000 bonus miles 

Frequent Contributor
heyarrnold

baseballfan21 wrote:

-NewGuy- wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

--21 year old UCSB grad. It all started three years ago ")

Amex BCECiti PrestigeArrival PlusCSPInk Plus
New Visitor
baseballfan21

heyarrnold wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

-NewGuy- wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

Their "miles" are really just cash back. They cannot be transferred to airlines to be considered genuine miles. 

thats great to know so ow much would u have to spend in order to get like a ticket

Established Contributor
-NewGuy-

heyarrnold wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

-NewGuy- wrote:

baseballfan21 wrote:

Exactly. So the Venture One gives you 1.25 'miles' for every dollar spent. Each 'mile' is good for 1 cent towards travel charges like hotels, airlines, etc. So you are getting 1.25% back on each purchase. Your Quicksilver card gives a better return already at 1.5%.

New Visitor
baseballfan21

what about the regular venture with 2x miles and 40,000 bonus is that better

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+