Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First USA Countrywide Visa Discontinued

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First USA Countrywide Visa Discontinued

I received this letter today  Smiley Sad :

The credit card partnership between Countrywide Home Loans and First USA has ended.  As a result, your Countrywide Rewards account will be replaced with a Chase Freedom credit card effective March 30, 2009.

Continue using your Countrywide Rewards credit card as you normally do.  If you continue to meet our credit criteria, you should receive your new Chase Freedom card during the month of April.

• Your account number will remain the same.
  • You will continue to earn points as you currently do on all perchases until your last statement date prior to March 29, 2009.
  • You will have until March 30, 2009 to redeem posted rewards through the Countrywide Rewards program.
  • Beginning March 30, 2009 you will earn points in the Chase Freedom program.
  • Any remaining Countrywide Rewards balance on March 30, 2009 will be automatically transferred to your Chase Freedom program on a one-to-one basis.

Message Edited by JmeSunday on 02-17-2009 07:01 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: First USA Countrywide Visa Discontinued

If I remember Country wide is bought by Bank Of America and FirstUSA is owned by Chase. I think that is the reason for the change.

Message 2 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

That's pretty cool of them to transfer your rewards to Chase Freedom rewards. I think I would be pretty happy about any card of mine being phased into a Chase Freedom card. They are great CCs.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly it.  I called customer service after I posted this and the lady said they were disappointed by BofA's decision to end the relationship.  I was bummed because I didn't have enough points to redeem and I wanted to use them for what they were intended, I didn't want them to roll over to the new card.  I wanted to pay down my mortgage!  It's 2500 points to $50 and I only had about 1700.  The rep ended up giving me some extra points so I could redeem them!  I'm not used to reps being so nice Smiley Happy

@Red1Blue wrote:

If I remember Country wide is bought by Bank Of America and FirstUSA is owned by Chase. I think that is the reason for the change.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does sound better than the Flexible rewards that my wamu is changing to

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
That's pretty cool of them to transfer your rewards to Chase Freedom rewards. I think I would be pretty happy about any card of mine being phased into a Chase Freedom card. They are great CCs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.