Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First UnSecured Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First UnSecured Card?

Hi all

(My Mistake, i meant to ask about unsecured cards).I was just wondering for everyone who started with really bad scores and unsecured cards, what was your first unsecured card and what was your scores when you got approved? Thanks everyone. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Secured Card?

549 (TU FAKO). And I got a Cap1 secured. Didn't apply for any unsecured cards then but now I think I could possibly have gotten one...but the secured has done me justice.

Message 2 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Cap One was first secured for me with about a 580. Then when got rid of some baddies I got a BOA secured. If I had a do over I would have gone with SDFU. MUCH better than Cap One and no triple pull.

If eligible for NFCU, DEFINITELY get their secured as well.

Message 3 of 12
jbsea
Established Contributor

540's across the board.  I was denied a BOA card and a local credit Uniion in August of last year.  I was able to get a USAA secured Visa in November and then found these boards. 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 12
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

My scores were in the 540's ...I was approved for Cap 1 Secured. last April...not the best card, but it helped rebound my credit.... 1 year later...I've been eligible for several unsecureds. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 200 dollar capital one card that I had for 18 months before I applied for anything else. I went from 490 to 610. That's where my scores are now still
Message 6 of 12
slicemans
Regular Contributor

My first credit card is capital one secured card. I had No credit history, nothing. 

I was approved.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first was with NFCU with scores in the mid to upper 500s. 

Message 8 of 12
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: First UnSecured Card?

Cap One QS1 with a TU F08 of 596.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 9 of 12
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: First UnSecured Card?

Friend of mine got a QS One at $2,000 unsecured with a FICO range of 510-520, current charge-offs amounting to 170k.

EDIT: This past Tuesday 

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.