cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First app spree - 7/7 approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

Re: Congrats! Can you comment on why you chose those particul...

I just applied and got instant approval for the Platinum. I'm in total shock. I'm 100% done with the app spree and will now go into the garden....

Message 21 of 29
mrc303

Again, congrats. One more question about your reasoning though (if you don't mind.) It seems like you've kind of signed up for a lot of annual fees with the different Amex cards. Can I ask if you think the benefits will outweigh all those fees, and how so?

Message 22 of 29
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

@mrc303 wrote:

Again, congrats. One more question about your reasoning though (if you don't mind.) It seems like you've kind of signed up for a lot of annual fees with the different Amex cards. Can I ask if you think the benefits will outweigh all those fees, and how so?

I will use x amount just to justify the BCP AF. I'll be doing more than enough travel in the next 2-3 months for poker to justify the Platinum. The PRG will be a daily'ish usage type of card.

Message 23 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: First app spree - 7/7 approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS on the plat!!!

Thats a lot of AMEX AFs!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 29
mrc303

Thanks for the info. I've generally shied away form AF cards given that I'm not a huge spender, but I've been coming around more to realizing that the math really can add up in your favor (hence the recent CSP.)

Message 25 of 29
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

@mrc303 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I've generally shied away form AF cards given that I'm not a huge spender, but I've been coming around more to realizing that the math really can add up in your favor (hence the recent CSP.)

I guess, to each their own, but I never saw the BCP and PRG AFs as a burden. The $450, maybe, but you get a $200 airline credit, so I see it as $250. With the added travel benefits of lounge access, priority pass, global entry, companion offers, and hotel offers, the $250 is bearable.

Message 26 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 28 of 29
mrc303

I didn't mean to imply that AF's are bad in general -- I just don't travel/spend enough to justify a lot of them! Congrats again.

Royal_Flush wrote:

mrc303 wrote:

I guess, to each their own, but I never saw the BCP and PRG AFs as a burden. The $450, maybe, but you get a $200 airline credit, so I see it as $250. With the added travel benefits of lounge access, priority pass, global entry, companion offers, and hotel offers, the $250 is bearable.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.