cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First credit spree results.

tag
creditdreamer240

First credit spree results.

Well after getting a little advise from the forum and finally deciding on cards to app for here are the results.

1st-Chase Freedom-instantly approved $2200.00

2nd-Discover it-instantly approved $5500.00

3rd-Sallie Mae MC-app being reviewed,no more than 30 day message.

Im really excited with the credit that ive gotten since these are my first unsecured credit cards.should i call in on the sallie mae card tomorrow when there open to see if i can get an approval with out waiting?If so any suggestions how i should approach it, would be my first time ever calling in for any credit.Im going to be joining the garden club now. Again thanks for all the help and any advise.

Ive only had 1 secured card of $400.00 for a year and some installment loans,heres a link to my very first thread on here with my full credit history.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-and-need-some-advice/td-p/2345335/highlight/false

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: First credit spree results.

@creditdreamer240 wrote:

Well after getting a little advise from the forum and finally deciding on cards to app for here are the results.

1st-Chase Freedom-instantly approved $2200.00

2nd-Discover it-instantly approved $5500.00

3rd-Sallie Mae MC-app being reviewed,no more than 30 day message.

Im really excited with the credit that ive gotten since these are my first unsecured credit cards.should i call in on the sallie mae card tomorrow when there open to see if i can get an approval with out waiting?If so any suggestions how i should approach it, would be my first time ever calling in for any credit.Im going to be joining the garden club now. Again thanks for all the help and any advise.

Ive only had 1 secured card of $400.00 for a year and some installment loans,heres a link to my very first thread on here with my full credit history.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-and-need-some-advice/td-p/2345335/highlight/false

Congrats on the approvals and good luck on the pending app

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 9
Haroon
New Contributor

You chose some excellent rewards cards. I have the salie Mae and you get the 5% at Walmart and target! I tested it my self.
Message 4 of 9
creditdreamer240

Thanks I wasnt really expecting that much on my first cards so im really stoked.

Message 5 of 9
creditdreamer240

IIf i could get the sallie mae that would be great,but if I dont then it will be ok theres always next time.

Message 6 of 9
Scrounger888
Established Member

Whether you get the Sallie Mae or not, the other two are nice cards and nice starting limits!

In the garden since 30/07/2013.
TU 735
Message 7 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! $5,500 is a nice initial limit, especially for a Discover card.

Message 8 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

You got the 2 best cards known for their 5% cash back. Congrats!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.