Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First credit!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First credit!!!

First of all I would like to thank everybody on this forum! The information that can be found here is a real treasure. My girlfriend is new to this country and she has never had any credit. I added her as an AU on one of my Citi cards and we got her : Keyban Citi Mastercard - 700 limit, US Bank Platinum - 700 limit, HSBC Best Buy - 2500, Allian CU - 2500 and an auto loan from Alliant CU - 10K. She is naw done with her first application spree and I think we got her everything she needs: 2 major bank CC which will grow with her (I have the same ones, they are at 10k and 14.5K now), A store card (she needed a laptop anywaySmiley Happy. And a CU card (Alliant seems to be one of the best out there). She is also looking forward to buy her first car in the US! So we are done applying, will let the accounts age and increase the limts and let the inquiries fall off. Thanks again!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: First credit!!!

Lexa---congratulations to you and your girlfriend.  Excellent plan and you both should be very successful.

Well done!

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely thought out and executed.  Hope all goes well for both of you!!!
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats...
Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Now it sounds like it's time for some credit gardening Smiley Happy as you know, it may not always be as exciting as those first successful app. but v. rewarding, especially in the long term.  GL!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well thought of. Hope everything goes right. Congratulatuons on you and your gf. Now you gave me new ideas about credit cards.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

http://emoquiz.net/

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome. IMHO KeyBank Citi and US BANK, are one of the best to have right now, they are very jenerous with CLI and will not cut your limit if you treat them good. Alliant is a very good CU as well, it is worth it to get your foot into their door + who else would give her <5% apr auto loan for a used car these days?Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

WTG!!!!!!!!! Congrats! !!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for a CU CC myself.

Thank you for giving me hope!!! Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.