cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First late payment (2 days late, with Citi)...

tag
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Re: First late payment (2 days late, with Citi)...

@kevinjjc wrote:

@colinstu wrote:

Should I use the number on the back of my card or is there a better one?

Regular customer service should be able to help you with this situation.

Called CS. They said everything looks fine and that she didn't see any late charge (nor do I... yet anyways). Guess it's a waiting game to see what the statement will say. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 11 of 16
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

I'm going to echo what others are saying... Setup automatic payment for minimum.   This prevents you from accidentally forgetting to pay at least you're minimum.

Message 12 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Give it about a couple weeks and then call again. They should be able to waive the late fee. Also make sure they didn't hike your APR to the penalty rate. If they did, have them reverse that too.

Set up autopay for the minimum amount. Any additional balance you can pay it off on your own manually on top of that. That way, you are at least making payments on time if you forget about it again.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Set up autopay for the minimum amount. Any additional balance you can pay it off on your own manually on top of that. That way, you are at least making payments on time if you forget about it again.

Mmm, I think, providing you have the funds, it's best to set up autopay for the full statement balance.  The whole point of autopay is to handle the case where you forget to pay.  Setting it to minimum allows you to avoid late charges and penalty APRs.  Setting it to full also allows you to avoid interest charges.

And you can always pay before the statement cuts anyway.

Not sure why you are seeing only minimum or fixed amount.  All of my citi accounts show

Minimum Payment Due as shown on your statement
Statement Balance in Full as shown on your statement
Other Amount: $

($20 minimum, not to exceed the Total Balance as shown on your statement)
If the amount chosen is less than the Minimum Payment Due and
you do not make additional payments, your account will be past due.
Message 14 of 16
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Oh wow, full balance is an option! Just turned that on... I must be thinking of a different CC company. Does it pay on the due date or before? Has the system ever messed up and did it late? 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 15 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It does it on the due date.   I haven't had it mess up ever from any issuer, but the point about doing it from their site is that it is then their responsibilty (assuming there are funds in the bank of course!).  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.