Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First legit prequal..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First legit prequal..

So did my usual prequal rounds- chase, cap one, and citi. For the 1st time ever, got something! Chase freedom and slate😁. Too bad i cant do anything with it! More than 5 new accts in 2years 😏. Only one the past 6months though.

But its still nice to know i prequal! I was starting to think they were broken or i was entering wrong address or something lol. Also, maybe ill be able to get in next year, so i can then build a chase relationship and be able to get some of their other cards.

It's reassuring and makes me proud of how far I've come the past two years.

Maybe ill log on myfico one of these days and there will be a 20 page thread about how chases 5/24 rule no longer exists 😉.

A girl can dream...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First legit prequal..

@Anonymous wrote:
So did my usual prequal rounds- chase, cap one, and citi. For the 1st time ever, got something! Chase freedom and slate😁. Too bad i cant do anything with it! More than 5 new accts in 2years 😏. Only one the past 6months though.

But its still nice to know i prequal! I was starting to think they were broken or i was entering wrong address or something lol. Also, maybe ill be able to get in next year, so i can then build a chase relationship and be able to get some of their other cards.

Maybe ill log on myfico one of these days and there will be a 20 page thread about how chases 5/24 rule no longer exists 😉.

A girl can dream...

That would make a LOT of people happy! Maybe Christmas. 

Smiley Happy Congrats. I know it's just nice to be under consideration. 

Message 2 of 7
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Chase has that rule? How come this is the first time i've ever heard of this and I've been on myfico for awhile now?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@14Fiesta wrote:

Chase has that rule? How come this is the first time i've ever heard of this and I've been on myfico for awhile now?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/UPDATE-POLICY-CHANGE-CHASE-Lets-put-our-heads-together-...

Message 4 of 7
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

You beat me to it dale! That thread has some good info in it.

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 7
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A girl can dream...

If you have a prequal, you might consider applying for another one of their cards (partner cards) that aren't subject to that rule.  I think you'll have a good shot.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks happypill! Im considering a couple card in the next few months. Just trying not to do anything too fast, as last year i overdid it and saw my aaoa drop. I dont want to make the same mistake again.

But theres some cards calling my name! And if i knew id get it, id definitely take chase up on the prequal! Maybe near Christmas like everyone keeps saying...

And i dont know how anyone could NOT know the new chase "rule!" Lol but now you know 😉
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.