Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First national bank omaha

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

First national bank omaha

I just received a letter pre approved from First National Bank Omaha for their credit card. Anyone had relationship with them please share your experience......Credit line and stuff.....their rate customer service...etc...

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: First national bank omaha

i don't have a personal experience with FNBO but from what i hear they are VERY conservative when it comes to issuing Cl's

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 14
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

credit limit increase you mean ?

Message 3 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

There are some posts on the forum. Do a search with FNBO or First National Bank Omaha.

They are more conservative, and I believe they require income verification. A forum member had quite a time getting her FNBO CC several months ago.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 14
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

I read they do not give instant approvals. Each application is manually reviewed.

Message 5 of 14
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

well the only thing i know is my score is going up and you all better watch out...just kidding.....just received their letter in mail today ( havent receive anything in years ) so i guess my credit score went to where other lenders kinda look at me now Smiley Very Happy probably in garden for 6 to 12 months thou thanks guy

Message 6 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I got a pre-approved letter for First nation bank omaha discover, applied, approved, apparently manually reviewed took a couple days if I recall,   CL 6k matched my highest CL (amex blue), had the card 2 months, no surprises so far, no need to call customer service yet. Read they are friendly with CLI's but haven't tried yet,  only had the card 2 months. 

score was high 600's possibly low 700. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

I am a native of Omaha so I might be a little biased but I love FNBO. They are a great bank to deal with.

They don't verify income, but they do manually review each application so you will not get an instant approval. Everyone gets a 7-10 day message.

CL's are pretty conservative, but CLI's are very good. You are eligible every 4 months with a SP over the phone. Online CLI's using the luv button are HP's so always call!!! I got my FNBO Platinum Edition Visa almost exactly 2 years ago with a CL of $1500 and just got my third CLI bringing my CL to $14k! FNBO definitely grows with you. APR is 14.99% so not bad.

They ALWAYS have really good balance transfer offers and low APR purchase offers. Balance transfer offers almost always have no fee and are fixed APR for the life of the BT, and usually 4-9% APR. Right now I have a promotional APR of 1.9% for all purchases made from June to January for being a "good customer". They are always sending good offers like that.

Customer Service is all US based (usually in Omaha and sometimes somewhere in South Dakota, but always in the midwest). The reps aren't the best I've dealt with (Discover is definitely better) but they are about the same as you'd get from the bigger banks like Citi or Amex.

I highly recommend if you are looking for a decent card with no to few frills or rewards but good customer service.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 8 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

thank you for the input andre, I know someone interested in them as she got a preapproval in the mail as well. Hopefully they can accept her when the time comes Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 14
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I got an offer yesterday as well, though mine was for an Amex network card with no AF, 2% on gas/groceries and 9.99 interest rate "fixed" "for life". The letter says "preapproved", but I have a hard time matching my credit profile (EX, which they pull, has a collection, 3 chargeoffs and a defaulted student loan. All have been paid off, but still) with their reputation as a conservative lender. While the low interest rate is mighty tempting should I ever have to carry a balance, I don't really need the card. I'm going to pass, but it sure felt good to get a preapproval letter from someone other than CreditOne.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.