Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First national bank omaha

tag
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: First national bank omaha

I received an pre approved offer from  for their Platinum Edition VIsa with low  9.99% variable rate for life on friday (9-7-12) applied was instantly approved when i hit the submit button.About 20 minutes later I checked the the app status and was approved for 5200 and I would receive the card with 7-10 days. I always screenshot my approvals for information and verification just in case i need for some reason.I received an email the next day (Sat) confirming my approval so approvals can vary with each applicant.

Message 11 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

I got an offer yesterday as well, though mine was for an Amex network card with no AF, 2% on gas/groceries and 9.99 interest rate "fixed" "for life". The letter says "preapproved", but I have a hard time matching my credit profile (EX, which they pull, has a collection, 3 chargeoffs and a defaulted student loan. All have been paid off, but still) with their reputation as a conservative lender. While the low interest rate is mighty tempting should I ever have to carry a balance, I don't really need the card. I'm going to pass, but it sure felt good to get a preapproval letter from someone other than CreditOne.

Even though they do a manual review, they don't appear to be overly paranoid. I have several baddies all 4+ years old including collections and a judgement ( 6 years old) and about 8 INQ's in the last 2 years on my EX.  and a high 600's score, no late credit card payments ever or chargeoffs and they matched my highest CL,  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 14
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

I got an offer yesterday as well, though mine was for an Amex network card with no AF, 2% on gas/groceries and 9.99 interest rate "fixed" "for life". The letter says "preapproved", but I have a hard time matching my credit profile (EX, which they pull, has a collection, 3 chargeoffs and a defaulted student loan. All have been paid off, but still) with their reputation as a conservative lender. While the low interest rate is mighty tempting should I ever have to carry a balance, I don't really need the card. I'm going to pass, but it sure felt good to get a preapproval letter from someone other than CreditOne.

one of my mistake is app for freaking credit one ........waste one of my inquiry plus they gave me 400 limit just toget my 3 cc and extend my overall limit you know 9% rule :-( but will be closed maybe before 1 years...

They come with fees fees and fees.........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 14
melbaro
New Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

I am a native of Omaha so I might be a little biased but I love FNBO. They are a great bank to deal with.

They don't verify income, but they do manually review each application so you will not get an instant approval. Everyone gets a 7-10 day message.

CL's are pretty conservative, but CLI's are very good. You are eligible every 4 months with a SP over the phone. Online CLI's using the luv button are HP's so always call!!! I got my FNBO Platinum Edition Visa almost exactly 2 years ago with a CL of $1500 and just got my third CLI bringing my CL to $14k! FNBO definitely grows with you. APR is 14.99% so not bad.

They ALWAYS have really good balance transfer offers and low APR purchase offers. Balance transfer offers almost always have no fee and are fixed APR for the life of the BT, and usually 4-9% APR. Right now I have a promotional APR of 1.9% for all purchases made from June to January for being a "good customer". They are always sending good offers like that.

Customer Service is all US based (usually in Omaha and sometimes somewhere in South Dakota, but always in the midwest). The reps aren't the best I've dealt with (Discover is definitely better) but they are about the same as you'd get from the bigger banks like Citi or Amex.

I highly recommend if you are looking for a decent card with no to few frills or rewards but good customer service.

I called a month ago and they hit me with a HP. However, it was before my account hit 4 months...I was denied because the account was too new, yet they felt it necessary to hit me with a HP to figure that out!!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.