Regular Contributor
armymom

First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  :smileysurprised:  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! :smileyvery-happy:  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

EQ Fico 01/10 743
TU Fico 01/10 716
Established Contributor
aquatic1

Re: First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

armymom wrote:

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  :smileysurprised:  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! :smileyvery-happy:  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
DI

Congrats and enjoy your trip to Europe. 
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

OP, you need to update your siggy now. Congrats!
Regular Contributor
armymom

[ Edited ]

aquatic1 wrote:

armymom wrote:

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Citi pulled EX and my plus score is 707.  I'm at 40% util and that's what suprised me about being approved.  And getting a 5K limit.  Home Depot pulled EQ and my fico score is 724. 

PenFed is next on the list.  But that's is at least 6 months down the road.  I know I need to get my balances paid down before applying.  I want to refinance my car. So I want to join, refinance and apply for their visa all at the same time.

Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 10:28 AM
Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 12:44 PM
EQ Fico 01/10 743
TU Fico 01/10 716

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}