Regular Contributor

First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  :smileysurprised:  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! :smileyvery-happy:  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

EQ Fico 01/10 743
TU Fico 01/10 716
Established Contributor

Re: First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

armymom wrote:

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  :smileysurprised:  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! :smileyvery-happy:  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Congrats and enjoy your trip to Europe. 
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you need to update your siggy now. Congrats!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

aquatic1 wrote:

armymom wrote:

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Citi pulled EX and my plus score is 707.  I'm at 40% util and that's what suprised me about being approved.  And getting a 5K limit.  Home Depot pulled EQ and my fico score is 724. 

PenFed is next on the list.  But that's is at least 6 months down the road.  I know I need to get my balances paid down before applying.  I want to refinance my car. So I want to join, refinance and apply for their visa all at the same time.

Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 10:28 AM
Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 12:44 PM
EQ Fico 01/10 743
TU Fico 01/10 716
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.