Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post... Cabela's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post... Cabela's

hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if Cabelas uses Equifax Bankcard 5 or Equifax Bankcard 8.   My. 5 is 681 but 8 is only 608

thank you

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First post... Cabela's

@Anonymous wrote:

hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if Cabelas uses Equifax Bankcard 5 or Equifax Bankcard 8.   My. 5 is 681 but 8 is only 608

thank you

They used Bankcard 8 because I had pulled my scores the day before and it was the same score.    By the way, Welcome to the forums.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn was going to come out of hiding and try for my first No annual fee card

i have 1 charge-off from 6 years ago and 1 collection fron 6 years ago

i have 4 credit cards with annual fees, never late and an auto loan that is never late

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I haven't opened an account in a long time, I guess I should wait another year for those two bad marks go away.

Message 4 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

I was just approved a couple nights ago with a Equifax score of 600. That was the score I was given after I was approved.  Although Equifax has been my lowest score.  I would give it a shot.  I have a ton of inquiries and new accounts opened this year. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 12
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Welcome 2 the forum...

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I haven't opened an account in a long time, I guess I should wait another year for those two bad marks go away.

I think it's still worth a shot, especially if you shop there a lot. Worst case is that you take an inq, which will be devalued in a year anyway.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a location 45 minutes from me and I was going to buy some items online today. Do you have better odds if you go in and buy them and apply in store?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an error message and called in! My first non AF card and first new card in 4 years!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.