cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post/Thank you to myfico!

tag
skyhigh

First post/Thank you to myfico!

Over the past year I have been monitoring my credit. I started with USAA Credit Check Monitoring with a EX FAKO of 524. I never checked my FICO because it was so low. When I was younger, I demolished my credit (hence the 524). Luckily, all of the collection accounts dropped at the same time - about three months ago.

I have had two Cap 1 cards with $500 limits for about 2.5 years and have excellent payment history. Student loans are PIF with perfect history and I have three auto loans closed but excellent payment as well as a current open auto loan owing $6500 out of $14000 with one 30 day late 2.4 years ago.

So - EX FAKO has jumped from 524 to 747. I decided to pull my FICO and had a EQ 708. I was super excited.

Since the score increase, i have been preparing to garden. I contaced the EO at Cap 1 and was able to get a small CLI to $750 per card. Then went on a small app spree for better cards.
1. Discover IT - $5,500
2. Citi Simplicity - $1,500
3. Chase Freedom - $3,000

I just wanted to give everyone a HuGe ThAnK yOu to this forum for helping me!!! I am planning on hitting the garden and letting these cards grow with me. However, i keep eyeing the USAA AmEx. (But i'm worried about the recent inquiries) Also, planning on a home purchase within the year.

Thanks, again Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: First post/Thank you to myfico!

Congrats on the good work you have done so far...and as far as INQ when mortgage shopping you should be fine as long as you don't app while in the process

Message 2 of 10
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 3 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on your acheivement. Great job Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. I love my Discover and Freedom. As for your mortgage and USAA Amex, if you don't get the Amex soon, then wait until after the mortgage. Rule everyone seems to go by here is no apping 6 months before mortgages.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 10
skyhigh

Thanks, guys! I greatly appreciate the input. This place has been so great. And I'm afraid I may have entered into another obsession by posting! lol
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@skyhigh wrote:
Thanks, guys! I greatly appreciate the input. This place has been so great. And I'm afraid I may have entered into another obsession by posting! lol

Welcome and that obsession is ok!

Join in Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

very nice limit and apps spree. Congrat....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 9 of 10
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!! 

Niiiiiiice score!  Way to go!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.