First premier bank card cancelation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First premier bank card cancelation

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi every one
I have a credit card from first primier bank for cl of 300$
And I want close it because of the anual fees and all that hidden thing they apply
I have the card for about 4 months only
I have other cards from Amex and capital one
With high limit
Age of history from experian is 4 yrs and score from experian is 691
So if I close this card would it hurt my credit and how many point would I loose
My ratio is 15% and my CL is 19k
How can I canceled this card ?
No phone number to call ? For cancelation
The card is paid in full no balance
I just don't need it for the anual fees and low limit
How to approach them to cancel the card without hurting my credit score

Any advice would be appreciate it

Honestly, it's not worth it to keep this account open. Your focus should be on closing the account. If any of your accounts, except First Premier are a available for a CLI, then request one. Hopefully, it's a SP. Utilization issue resolved which there really isn't one because $300 is small compared to your overall CL. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread but if I may I would love some input. I have a first premier that is almost 2 years. My AAOA is 1 year and 7 months. If I close this account how many points do you estimate I will lose? I have nelenet accounts that are a couple years old and a capital one that is 7 months. The rest of my credit history is mostly 6 months old with the exception of an installment loan from 2005 that went on for 2 years also. I'm scared that with all this new credit, closing my oldest cars will hurt! Advice please?
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not worried about my utilization as I will be at less than 10% after the increases report. Just worried about closing oldest line. I value every point I get, lol.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind
According to an older pinned thread, closing an account will only affect your utilization not your AAOA. Alright here goes nothing..... I'll report back here after I close to see if there's any difference in.my score
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.