First premier card

tag
otter69
New Contributor

Re: First premier card

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@otter69 wrote:

@Letty wrote:
So I got approve for a first premier card. Yes is a high interest but I have to start somewhere after filling bankruptcy. My question is do I have to pay the 95 doll fee first before they mail my card or will they mail my card then I can pay the 95 doll deposit they r asking me for? Thank you

Yes, you have to start somewhere, but First Premier isn't the place to start. They are the WORST possible place to go for a credit card. My advice is don't activate the card, don't use it, just send it back or cut it up. The poster before me suggested a secured card with no credit check. There are others out there as well. Look around and you will find better options. If you need any help, feel free to ask. We're all here to help. Good luck.

You really have to be careful if you're going this route, it's been said many times before on this forum but not activating the card or sending it back does not mean it isn't active and you're not liable for the AF. Be sure to make your intentions clear with FP if you try this and if they dont want to budge (wont close the account without payment,  wont remove from CRs etc) there isn't a whole lot you can do. 

According to their terms... You may still reject this plan, provided you have not used the Credit Account or paid a fee after receiving a billing statement. If you do reject the plan, you are not responsible for any fees or charges, including any Processing Fee(s) paid prior to receipt of your Account Opening Disclosures. Any such Processing Fee(s) previously paid will be refunded upon rejection of the plan.

If that were me (assuming I was stupid enough to ever deal with those people again) and I they tried to bully me into paying anything like that, I'd contact an attorney. I live 2 hours from the South Dakota border, I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers in SD who would love to get a piece of First Premier's $$$.

I don't do senior citizen activities like Bingo, needlepoint, shuffleboard, square dancing, and ABSOLUTELY NO GARDENING!
Message 11 of 14
Casandrah
Established Member

I have to say that only you can make the decision to have them or not.  I did all the research I know they have crap loads of fees.  But I read that they do report to the credit companies.  I did pay my fee and I have used my card. I will pay it off each month and I will have a crap load of fees too but I hope to have a score that will go up in the long run. iwill cancel my card before the year is up so that I dont ever pay fees again with them.  I really hope it helps me and if it doesnt then it is one of those wonderful life lessons we all have to have .  Make your choice your the only one who can.  have a great week everyone.  Sandy 

300.00 kohls
300.00 first premier
600.00 Victoria secret
student loans all current
Message 12 of 14
BRlaw
Established Member

Try and get a macys card as soon as you get the number

Discover IT $1000 - TJX MC $3750 - Walmart $950 - Citi AAdvantage $2000/NPSL - Macy's $1000 - Wells Fargo College $1000
Jcrew $1300 - Overstock $7000 - Chase Freedom $3500

Message 13 of 14
williamachamberlain
Valued Member

I had one and cancelled it after about 6 months.........Always paid the balance monthly.......They hold your payment for about a week it seems like as well.

They tried to give me a credit of $20 after I paid it off and was calling to close it.

If you need it, get it, just pay it off monthly and no interest anyway, but their start up fees and AF's are ridiculous!

My Wallet: NFCU CR Visa 25K, NFCU GR Visa 23K, NFCU Platinum 16K, PenFed PCR 26k, PenFed PR 18K, USAA Sig Visa 23K, USAA Amex 24K, Amex Hilton 9K, Amex Gold NPSL, BOA Platinum Plus MC 26K, BOA TR Visa 30K, Chase Amazon Visa 8K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.