cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First premier card

tag
Letty

First premier card

So I got approve for a first premier card. Yes is a high interest but I have to start somewhere after filling bankruptcy. My question is do I have to pay the 95 doll fee first before they mail my card or will they mail my card then I can pay the 95 doll deposit they r asking me for? Thank you
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: First premier card

I believe they will go ahead and send you the card, you just can't activate it before the fee is paid.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Letty

Thank you 😄
Message 4 of 14
jre
Regular Contributor

You'd be better off going with a secured card!

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 5 of 14
Letty

I did apply for capital one secure card and was decline
Message 6 of 14
user5387
Valued Contributor

The SDFCU secured Visa doesn't require a credit check or income verification, and is highly regarded.

Here's the link:

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Message 7 of 14
otter69
New Contributor

@Letty wrote:
So I got approve for a first premier card. Yes is a high interest but I have to start somewhere after filling bankruptcy. My question is do I have to pay the 95 doll fee first before they mail my card or will they mail my card then I can pay the 95 doll deposit they r asking me for? Thank you

Yes, you have to start somewhere, but First Premier isn't the place to start. They are the WORST possible place to go for a credit card. My advice is don't activate the card, don't use it, just send it back or cut it up. The poster before me suggested a secured card with no credit check. There are others out there as well. Look around and you will find better options. If you need any help, feel free to ask. We're all here to help. Good luck.

I don't do senior citizen activities like Bingo, needlepoint, shuffleboard, square dancing, and ABSOLUTELY NO GARDENING!
Message 8 of 14
hot4u
Established Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

The SDFCU secured Visa doesn't require a credit check or income verification, and is highly regarded.

Here's the link:

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

+1

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 14
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@otter69 wrote:

@Letty wrote:

Yes, you have to start somewhere, but First Premier isn't the place to start. They are the WORST possible place to go for a credit card. My advice is don't activate the card, don't use it, just send it back or cut it up. The poster before me suggested a secured card with no credit check. There are others out there as well. Look around and you will find better options. If you need any help, feel free to ask. We're all here to help. Good luck.

You really have to be careful if you're going this route, it's been said many times before on this forum but not activating the card or sending it back does not mean it isn't active and you're not liable for the AF. Be sure to make your intentions clear with FP if you try this and if they dont want to budge (wont close the account without payment,  wont remove from CRs etc) there isn't a whole lot you can do. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.