Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First spree a great success

tag
Jatindrj
Valued Member

First spree a great success

So my first credit card is a CapOne which Ive had for a year, never a limit increase beyond my 3k.  I used it to build history and up my credit score and decided it was time to go on a small spree and find something better. I applied for chase and discover 2 months ago. I received chase first, with a 2.5k limit, followed by discover with a 1.5k limit. I was a little disappointed that they couldn't at least match my CapOne limit, but was still happy to have more choices and to now get rewards. A couple weeks ago I also applied for Amex hoping they will match CapOne and saying this will be the last app for a long time. I received it today and when I opened it, I let out a nice "Holy **bleep**". 11.2k from Amex. They are now my favorite. Thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge on this forum. It helped me with my first spree and also helped me understand the credit world a lot more.

Amex BCE - 15.9k, QuickSilver - 8k, Freedom - 5k, Discover It - 7.5k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: First spree a great success

Wow CONGRATS!!!

Which AMEX product did you get?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
Jatindrj
Valued Member

Blue cash everyday
Message 3 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Jatindrj wrote:
Blue cash everyday

Very nice!!!

I want the BCP, gonna try to hold out until 7/13, but might bite on it in January for the backdating.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share your Fico scores/income AAOA the usual?

Message 6 of 12
Jatindrj
Valued Member

Thanks all.

@Anonymous wrote:

At the time of the chase and discover apps, I had a ~1.5 year AAoA with a 714 Equifax. When I applied for Amex, I had a 727 Experian with a lower AAoA because of the two new cards. Income is at about 40k.

Message 7 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Jatindrj wrote:

Thanks all.

@Anonymous wrote:

At the time of the chase and discover apps, I had a ~1.5 year AAoA with a 714 Equifax. When I applied for Amex, I had a 727 Experian with a lower AAoA because of the two new cards. Income is at about 40k.

great success story.  Seems to be outlier approval amount.  Mind answering a couple ofquestions?  Homeowner?  How long lived at current address?  How long at same job?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

yo with 40k income and they gave you 11k ....man the world is knee down on you bro....good job man

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 12
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Awesome and so encouraging! CONGRATS!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.