Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First statement for Amex Zync

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

First statement for Amex Zync

Looking for some advice. I keep reading that it is best to PIF before the statement is cut on your charge card so no balance shows up. My question is, what do you do with that first statement? How will you know when your first statement is due when you first get the card and start using it? Other than monitoring the charges online   - how can you PIF before the first statement cuts if its your first month using the card? Hope my question makes sense. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: First statement for Amex Zync

once logged into your account click on recent activity.  Below the transactions it should say when your stament closing date is : xx/xx/xx

Message 2 of 7
CraveMazda
Contributor

Smiley Happy thanks. I look for that once I sign on for online access.

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 3 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

once logged into your account click on recent activity.  Below the transactions it should say when your stament closing date is : xx/xx/xx

Thank you! I didn't even think to look there (recent activity), thanks to your info I was able to find that online before my first statement. Showing a zero balance (only $40 fee will be on there) I tried to push a payment through my bank (online bill pay service) instead of waiting for my statement to run  (statement date?).  The system for the bank stated earliest Amex could accept the payment was the same day as the statement date Smiley Indifferent. I went ahead with it anyway, it would be tomorrow (14th) so I guessed it might hit anyway and allow the statement to show a zero balance.

Seems Amex won't let you pay a dime before the statement runs (there's a note at the top of the Amex payment page stating: "Please note that you can only schedule a payment after your statement has closed and before your payment due date." ) Guess I'll know if it worked like I intended after the 14th Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 7
CraveMazda
Contributor

Well - keep us posted. I'd be interested to hear if it worked for you.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

For the first month with AMEX (and many other CC ) you CANT make an online payment because you have a 0 balance. The way I did it is through my banks bill pay. It takes a day or 2 longer to post but at least I am pushing payments on the account. You can also send them a check. But with AMEX they wont let you make an online payment first month or the when adding a new bank account until the next charge cycle. So if I was you I would add the AMEX account to my banks bill pay and make payments like that. After the first AMEX statement posts you will be able to make online payments to AMEX through AMEX site once every 24 hours pretty much.

Message 6 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

it is past the closing date for my pr gold, yet still my first statement has yet to generate.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.