Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time CC holder!

tag
anybodii
New Contributor

Re: First time CC holder!

I think Cap1 is the best secured card to start out. I believe when I had it they reported before I had the card and the AF was only $29, but included free quarterly score/report. ( FAKO )

Message 21 of 26
bearsfan34
Regular Contributor

@anybodii wrote:

I think Cap1 is the best secured card to start out. I believe when I had it they reported before I had the card and the AF was only $29, but included free quarterly score/report. ( FAKO )

+1 I completely agree. 

Starting Score: EX 631 EQ 629 TU 646 1/18
Current Score: __
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 26
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I hope I havent short changed myself...Smiley Sad

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 23 of 26
anybodii
New Contributor

I wouldn't think of it that way, your card will do what you want it to do, build credit. After at least 6 months you'll probably be able to get an unsecured card with no AF, for sure after 11 months... Giving you enough time to ditch that card if you do not want to AF, the card will still be reported as 11 months helping your average age of accounts...

Message 24 of 26
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that perspective! Thats the best way to think of it! It will serve its purpose either way!!!Smiley Happy

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 25 of 26
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

When I got my Orchard secured card it reported before I even got the card in the mail.
CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.