Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirstBankcard declined question

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

FirstBankcard declined question

I received an invitation for a Dodge branded MC/WMC issued by First Bankcard because I recently purchased a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan and was considered a preferred customer according to the letter. I was offered 0% on purchases through March 2015 & balance transfers through August 2015. The letter was signed by the President of First Bankcard. The letter included an invitation number and personal code to be entered in the application.  I applied online, the offer that showed up was 0% on purchases through September 2014 & balance transfers through February 2015. I submitted my information and received a message that I would get a response in 2 to 4 weeks.  About 4 days later I received an email with a link to the application status and it showed denied, said I would get a letter in about 2 weeks.  I don't know anything about this company, I know they checked Experian, which is my strongest report. My score ranges from 722 to 740 depending on model. I just paid off a car loan on a car totalled in a hail storm and bought a new one. The old inquirie are still there but they are 2 years old but I have 5 new inquiries in 8 months. My income is $60k, and I've gotten my utilization down to about 25%. I know it could be better, but I was hurt quite a bit by a hail storm in June. I have no lates, no derogs, long history, some new accounts.  Does anyone know anything about this company and what criteria they use? I usually don't get turned down on an invitation.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FirstBankcard declined question

I think this is one of those cases "recon" was created for.  I am no expert in that, but several in this forum should be able to assist you.  My guess is that the odds are in your favor, post-recon.

Message 2 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

They're a division of First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO).  They are one of the more conservative banks and 99% of applications are manually reviewed by their underwriters.  They don't like a lot of inquiries, new accounts or utilization.  Did you get the denial reasons yet?  They are generally good about approving pre-qualified customers like this, so I'm a little puzzled.  I would call and ask:  800-444-6220 (from backdoor number).

Message 3 of 5
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info/number. No, I haven't gotten the denial reasons yet. I'm not sure I still want the card if I would be getting the new offers that popped up when I applied that were less favorable than the original offers that came in the mail.

Message 4 of 5
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

:Yes they are a division of FNBO.  I received an invite for their FNBO Amex card and my scores were lower than yours and I had like 7, 8, and 10 inquiries on my reports and they pulled EX for me also which showed the 8 inq.  They are or FNBO anyway is usually dead on with their invites and preapprovals so yeah I would most def. call them about that and mention the original offer to!  In my experience in comparison to you I would think you should def get it as you seem to be in better shape than me CR wise!  Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.