Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five CONSECUTIVE Shopping Cart Trick Cards

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Five CONSECUTIVE Shopping Cart Trick Cards

TBH I wouldnt mind the Williams Sonoma card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you live as that sales tax looks like a 10 percent rate?  I would get the Williams Sonoma as you get 20 percent off your initial order plus a 20 dollar certificate with your card.  20 percent off a set of Wustof Classic Knifes and some Le Creuset Pots would be well worth it.  Well that is if you PIF after they arrive. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as to what her scores look like?  Do you know?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I only see the Angel Card, and now I want one too. Smiley Surprised

I love my Angel Card. I got it via the SCT. I've been getting the offer everything I shop online but always ignored it. Then realized since I shop there so often it only made sense to go for it. I've had the card for 4 months and I'm already an ANGEL FOREVER. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

TBH I wouldnt mind the Williams Sonoma card

I have this card too. I like it. I shop here a lot ever since I closed on my first home.

Message 15 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@atomicfront wrote:

Where do you live as that sales tax looks like a 10 percent rate?  I would get the Williams Sonoma as you get 20 percent off your initial order plus a 20 dollar certificate with your card.  20 percent off a set of Wustof Classic Knifes and some Le Creuset Pots would be well worth it.  Well that is if you PIF after they arrive. 

So looking at that, I wasn't sure if it was calculating tax on the shipping & handling or not.  If it was, it would have been about 8.15%.  As it is, it's about 9.5% - that's not that unusal (in a lot of southern states in particular).  I always find it funny that here we're nicknamed Taxachusetts, yet we don't have tax on food, books or clothing and our average combined sales tax ranks #35 in the US.

Back on topic, when I was trying to find out what the tax was calculated on I actually got my first-ever SCT prompt!

Congratulations! You’ve been pre-approved for a Williams Sonoma Visa Signature® Credit Card.

Not only am I proud of OP's girlfriend for not taking the store card, I'm proud of me for not taking what I am sure was going to be easily a $15k+ line just because I could. LOL

Message 16 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang K, thst is some self control. If you could get a 15k visa siggy without a hp, that would be impressiveSmiley Happy Nice goingSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Self-control is now making me think of how nice Comenity's 1% fee BTs at 0% are on my BJ's card.  I'm not really worried about HPs at this point as much as the number of new accounts dragging my score down.  There was no SL mentioned, but I seem to be in that group of "$17k Comenity profiles" and that's what they started my BJ's at.  I know I have seen some truly massive Williams-Sonoma lines here, too.  I shop there about once every 2 years and I really am trying to trim down my cards.  Must.  Resist.  Urge.

Edit: Forgot to add... Wasn't it determined that SCTs that result in V/MC products rather than store cards do actually end up with a HP?  Also, there goes that theory about having to add a huge amount to the shopping cart - I had the same $99 knives.

Message 18 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i believe that maybe the case. Hp. But itd probably be worth one for 15k+. However, , im sure thst could be there for you in the future so if it isnt have to have now, i would just put a check mark on it for future want list. Who knows, by then you might see something betterSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the girl come with the angel card? Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.