Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Spending Account

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Flexible Spending Account

What exactly does this mean??

My Barclaycard Rewards World MC is reporting on EX/EQ already and it lists the limit and it says that under type of account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Flexible Spending Account

That means NPSL, World MasterCard.

Message 2 of 31
android01
Valued Contributor

A Flexible Spending Account is one where you can charge over your limit without penalty AS LONG AS you pay the balance back down to your stated limit within the next billing cycle.  How much exactly they'll let you charge over your limit will require a phone call to find out, or it may be stated somewhere in the fine print of your card member agreement.   

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 31
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

That means NPSL, World MasterCard.

Thats true. LS, even though they approved you for 5k (if i remeber correctly) Trumpet is right, they will let you spend over that limit on a case-by-case basis

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1 to all those.

Its similar to a visa sig card which gets npsl

I think all world mastercards and higher (world elite) get this option.
Message 5 of 31
adavis425
Established Contributor

Yup, my CSP reports the same way. I went over by about $700 this summer and was required to pay the overage along with the min payment, but no AA. I PIF. Very cool to have that option should you need it.Smiley Wink

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 6 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

A Flexible Spending Account is one where you can charge over your limit without penalty AS LONG AS you pay the balance back down to your stated limit within the next billing cycle.  How much exactly they'll let you charge over your limit will require a phone call to find out, or it may be stated somewhere in the fine print of your card member agreement.   

+1

Message 7 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not that i'll ever do that (go over limit) but thats a nice feature.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Not that i'll ever do that (go over limit) but thats a nice feature.

You never know!

Someone posted about a week or two ago that they wanted to pay their childs college tuition with a card and they had a visa sig (with npsl) that had a $5k limit and they paid 20k on the card without issue. They just called up and asked first. lol

Message 9 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

Iwas told the same thing with my BOA 1-2-3. It even reports as a Flec spending account. I can go over without penalty

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.