Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flood

tag
BT90138016
Contributor

Flood

So who else at some time or another had no credit cards decided to try to flood their portfolio to try to cancel out some of the negatives of their past? I'll be the first to admit that I did.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flood

I kinda did....

I didnt have but about 5 CCs when my app o rama began and my scores only went up as I kept apping.
Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I turned it up with full force on the SCT cards until Prime lenders stepped in to stop it thank goodness Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you stop with SCT exactly? Lol.
Message 4 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When did you stop with SCT exactly? Lol.

For about a month in Feb.

Now back at it again. Just accepted a nice Overstock approval via SCT.

More to soon come. Spring cleaning is over Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
BT90138016
Contributor

I first had cards (couldn't afford them) charge off's, collections, 7 yrs bad luck so now I'm back after nothing but car loans for a few years. I actually was told by a salesman than not having revolving credit was hurting me.....

Message 6 of 9
bobbay
Established Contributor

I call it dilution,

I did it.  Had 1 credit card.  added 20+ accounts in 18 mos. (5 amex for a total of 115 years of account age)

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobbay wrote:

I call it dilution,

I did it.  Had 1 credit card.  added 20+ accounts in 18 mos. (5 amex for a total of 115 years of account age)

That is just awesome

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.