cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Those of Us Transitioning to Capital One...

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: For Those of Us Transitioning to Capital One...

Simply827 wrote: I already got a replacement for one of my HSBC cards. Same card, just with a Cap1 logo in the corner.

Interesting;  was it a retail branded card, or an HSBC or Orchard?

Message 11 of 16
Simply827
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

Simply827 wrote: I already got a replacement for one of my HSBC cards. Same card, just with a Cap1 logo in the corner.

Interesting;  was it a retail branded card, or an HSBC or Orchard?

I was an HSBC card through my union.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 12 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I have the white gumball card from Household...but since they are supposed to let you do Image Card on them, I'd certainly pick something else.

Also, my first year went by earlier this month and there was no annual fee charged...I hope THAT isn't a fluke.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 13 of 16
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

I hope that they don't mess up my household account. 14.99% apr with 2% cash back on everything works fine for me since I PIF every month. Just need a better CL though.

I can't imagine they will create a specific card type for that, so they will probably honor the 2% for a specific period then force transition you over to the standard 1% card with the annual 50% bonus.

I have the same card with 2%, it was the one I used the most but I have transitioned most of my spending over to my AMEX and CSP in anticipation of the 2% on this card going away.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 16
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

I think they are working on a new product.  I received a survey about 6 weeks asking questions about my opinion on the Orchard Bank card, the credit line, rewards, etc. etc.  I'm surprised no one else hasn't commented sooner.  We shall see. 

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 15 of 16
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@sassymomof2 wrote:

I think they are working on a new product.  I received a survey about 6 weeks asking questions about my opinion on the Orchard Bank card, the credit line, rewards, etc. etc.  I'm surprised no one else hasn't commented sooner.  We shall see. 

Hmm...I do remember answering a survey as well about Orchard Bank and how satisfied I was on different aspects and overall...don't clearly remember though! We shall see!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.