Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Walmart CC holders...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For Walmart CC holders...

@Anonymous wrote:

Derogs are off TU. FICO was 613 when I was approved 2 months ago. It's 671 nFedLoans still to report (already hit EX and EQ and raised each approximately 25-46 points.) But I think they mentioned not seeing enough recent payment activity, as only my WF secured was established.

Several cards will update this week, and WF graduates on Nov 20, at which time I'm hoping to get a CL. So I'll wait and them call Credit Solutions.

If you are denied, then call Credit Solutions. A CLI can be requested online using the luv button or via chat. I think it's a smart decision to wait until your credit reports are updated, however, do it before the holidays are over. Everyone is correct. CCCs are very generous around the holidays because they all want you to use their cc. Good luck!

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derogs are off TU. FICO was 613 when I was approved 2 months ago. It's 671 nFedLoans still to report (already hit EX and EQ and raised each approximately 25-46 points.) But I think they mentioned not seeing enough recent payment activity, as only my WF secured was established.

Several cards will update this week, and WF graduates on Nov 20, at which time I'm hoping to get a CL. So I'll wait and them call Credit Solutions.

If you are denied, then call Credit Solutions. A CLI can be requested online using the luv button or via chat. I think it's a smart decision to wait until your credit reports are updated, however, do it before the holidays are over. Everyone is correct. CCCs are very generous around the holidays because they all want you to use their cc. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone. I'll get after it once everything updates -- well before the holidays are over -- and let you all know how it went down.

Message 22 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Alternative to black friday shopping.

Use cards with price protection. Citi for instance will allow you to use price rewind on black friday items.
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear "myjourney", "Swampy99", "Musiclover", and "beautifulblaquepearl":

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did it! And I my new limit is $3,000!!

Don't know if my TU has updated to report the perfect pay student loans, yet (don't think so, as there's been no alert from CK), but I logged in to check that a recent small purchase was reporting ($18), I got nervous last month about charging $27 and PIF'd 3 days later, so I never got a statement. Last week I thought I'd better let the balance report. So I was psuedo optimistic, but still.

I hit the luv button and it denied me right away last night. SO just now I did Live Chat and told the CSR that I'd gotten their email Black Friday promo, but can't take advantage as my limit is only $150 (the cut off for the promo). He asked for my net income and how much I'd like. I told him $3,000. Didn't have the nerve to ask for more, but as Cap1 gave me to cards at $3,000 (my highest limit), I thought maybe I was safe asking for what I'd already gotten from another creditor.

He asked to put me on "hold" for 2-3 minutes, but came back in a few seconds, and said "Thank you for your patience. I'm happy to inform you that I was able to increase the limit to $3,000. The new credit limit will become available immediately." I logged out and back in and BOOM!

OMG! I feel like I stole something!!! Teehee! Thank you all so much for making me push the envelope. I can't sit still!

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know if my TU has updated to report the perfect pay student loans, yet (don't think so, as there's been no alert from CK), but I logged in to check that a recent small purchase was reporting ($18), I got nervous last month about charging $27 and PIF'd 3 days later, so I never got a statement. Last week I thought I'd better let the balance report. So I was psuedo optimistic, but still.

I hit the luv button and it denied me right away last night. SO just now I did Live Chat and told the CSR that I'd gotten their email Black Friday promo, but can't take advantage as my limit is only $150 (the cut off for the promo). He asked for my net income and how much I'd like. I told him $3,000. Didn't have the nerve to ask for more, but as Cap1 gave me to cards at $3,000 (my highest limit), I thought maybe I was safe asking for what I'd already gotten from another creditor.

He asked to put me on "hold" for 2-3 minutes, but came back in a few seconds, and said "Thank you for your patience. I'm happy to inform you that I was able to increase the limit to $3,000. The new credit limit will become available immediately." I logged out and back in and BOOM!

OMG! I feel like I stole something!!! Teehee! Thank you all so much for making me push the envelope. I can't sit still!

Congrats!! where do I find the live chat button?  I'm logged into my credit card account (just a store card) and it doesn't show that option. 

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it only shows up Mon-Fri during "office" hours. When I first logged in at 7:00am (restless), it wasn't there. But when I went backed to it around 9:00am, it was. Try it tomorrow. Btw, mine is a store card, too.

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You are very welcome! 😀 Congratulations!

Message 27 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well a huge CONGRATS ......WTG

I'm proud of you for stepping out there....

Now do me a favor?

Wait one month....call again and ask for 10K..................

Trust me Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now do me a favor?

Trust me Smiley Wink

Seriously??? I've only had the card since mid-September. You don't think that's too soon? (I'm game if it's a viable plan.)

Message 29 of 36
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now do me a favor?

Trust me Smiley Wink

Seriously??? I've only had the card since mid-September. You don't think that's too soon? (I'm game if it's a viable plan.)

What can they say yes or no....SP either way Lol

I know you've heard this before .....Trust me and plan on it

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.